• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#16 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 09:57 AM

I don't think the excuse will be stability...

The one that's been trotted out to me is that the outside case will be cool so that we cannot burn ourselves - there's a certain twisted logic to that and I'm not sure how to answer this reply.

Obviously anyone should know that the outside of a burned firework is likely to be hot but 'obvious' does not seem to be enough these days - we all have to be 'protected'!
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#17 RangerOfFire

RangerOfFire

Snap, crackle, pop

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 11:50 AM

I don't think the excuse will be stability...

The one that's been trotted out to me is that the outside case will be cool so that we cannot burn ourselves - there's a certain twisted logic to that and I'm not sure how to answer this reply.

Obviously anyone should know that the outside of a burned firework is likely to be hot but 'obvious' does not seem to be enough these days - we all have to be 'protected'!

Well then why not just put a disclaimer in big letters on the outside of the selection box saying "CAUTION: Fireworks may become hot after use." and on each firework the same way that starbucks etc. put "CAUTION: Contents may be hot." on drinks containers to stop themselves being sued?
>> Status: General Testing

#18 The Legendary Graham

The Legendary Graham

If it goes bang its ace.

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 08:33 PM

to be honest its all just eye candy.
the consumers see it like it buy it.
money has changed hands fireworks fired con realised all too late.
We dont do girly shows.!!!

#19 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 02:01 PM

Edit as it refered to a business which has now ceased trading.

Edited by David, 25 January 2010 - 10:13 PM.

OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#20 The Legendary Graham

The Legendary Graham

If it goes bang its ace.

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 07:10 PM

Stay well clear of Whitleys garden center near Brighouse too, i wont go into it but they are a rip off.

Edited by The Legandary Graham, 02 November 2007 - 11:01 PM.

#21 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 08:34 PM

Edit- I may have misread your post- when you said " I won't go into it" I first assumed that you just meant you wouldn't go into the garden centre!

I assume when you say you won't go into it you mean there are some issues, but its confidential.

Edited by David, 29 October 2007 - 08:37 PM.

#22 W.P

W.P

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 08:46 PM

but its confidential.

Could just be the case that he can't be asked to type it?

#23 The Legendary Graham

The Legendary Graham

If it goes bang its ace.

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 08:56 PM

Could just be the case that he can't be asked to type it?

i had an argument with the owner over his rip off prices and he threatened legal action.
if anyone lives near the place go have a look and you will see where im coming from.

Edited by The Legandary Graham, 29 October 2007 - 08:57 PM.

#24 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 09:06 PM

i had an argument with the owner over his rip off prices and he threatened legal action.

heck!

But does he make false claims like "Discount" etc?

#25 The Legendary Graham

The Legendary Graham

If it goes bang its ace.

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 09:13 PM

he quoted his fireworks as being discounted after selling them at double the rrp, its an expensive place as it is but when i saw those prices as i was walking around i was gobsmacked that they were advertising them in the way they were and for the prices.

#26 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 09:20 PM

he quoted his fireworks as being discounted after selling them at double the rrp, its an expensive place as it is but when i saw those prices as i was walking around i was gobsmacked that they were advertising them in the way they were and for the prices.

Yeah- I see! I cheked out the website, they had a wimpy looking selection box at £20 witha few rockets " free."

#27 The Legendary Graham

The Legendary Graham

If it goes bang its ace.

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 09:24 PM

they were selling 19 shot men shun cakes last year for 12.99 and advertising them with a rrp of 19.99 things like the inferno sound and darkness invader, i dont usually bother with cat3 i get plenty of cat4 to play with but to blatantly do this to general consumers made me mad.

#28 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 09:53 PM

they were selling 19 shot men shun cakes last year for 12.99 and advertising them with a rrp of 19.99 things like the inferno sound and darkness invader

Thats bad, yeah. Especially as most places who sell Men Shun do a good discount anyway.

#29 Andrew

Andrew

Rocket Scientist, no really, I am!

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 11:24 AM

I do, tell them to F*ck Off. :lol:

As the 'fireworks code' (laugh out loud, sarcastically) says that you should never return to a firework once lit, even once it has burnt out, what reason would you have to pick the bloody thing up anyway.

They would probably say that you'll need to clear space for the next firework.

Two problems with this:
1. If they were not that big, you would have the extra space in the first place.
2. Good practice and common sense would dictate that you set up during daylight, and clear up during the next daylight period.
3. Randomly abandoning it on the floor, creates a trip hazard, and the possibility that an unspent effect will end up in the crowd.

There is no reason to pick up a firework immediately after it has been spent. It presents a hazard that is best avoided, most people throw them on the fire, that is even more stupid than picking it up.

If people cannot be responsible enough to use common sense when putting on a display, i.e. needing to have cold aids for their hot fireworks, they shouldn't be bloody allowed them in the first place, hence no need for stupid rip off packaging.

Edited by Andrew, 30 October 2007 - 11:27 AM.

#30 MDH

MDH

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 11:20 PM

Someone else needs to walk in there and argue with this guy. The more people who do it, the more he'll "Get it" that people are seeing right through him.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users