• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 02:18 PM

If I am to travel to a store the FIRST thing I look for is a description of the effects of the fireworks,

This means height, noise, colour, effects, time, category, safety distance etc, etc.

Names like "thunder of Armageddon" mean little or nothing.

If the dealer hasn't thought to fire one and describe it then they don't get my £s
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#17 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 02:43 PM

If the dealer hasn't thought to fire one and describe it then they don't get my £s

This is a good point. To me its always a bad sign when a fireworks seller hasn't taken the time to write their own description. It implies that they havn't seen it themselves, which means they can make no guarantee as to its quality. I am surprised how many main firework dealers , including all-year-round dealers, simply copy (or copy and paste) the catalogue description word for word.

To take an example - a classic - Men Shuns " The Battlecruiser " I have seen this description (Its straight out of the catalogue) on at least 5 websites:

" THIS ENORMOUS 157 SHOT WARSHIP OF A BARRAGE RE-CREATES GREAT SEA BATTLES WITH COLOUR AND NOISE OF EXTREME PROPORTIONS.GUARANTEED TO MAKE ANY LANDLUBBER TAKE TO THE WATER! "

This is a £90 firework. Who is going spend 90 quid based on some prattle about "recreating sea battles" and "landlubbers" ??

Men Shun seems to be the worst for this- silly, pointless descriptions that are nevertheless copied word for word by firework retailers.
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#18 rocker9455

rocker9455

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 11:55 AM

we set off the wireworks yesterday they were very good the aldi £5 selection pack being the best set of ground fireworks the aldi £10 rockets were poor and i am not going to purchase any more where as the lidls blue apollo always are a great crowd pleaser:D thanks for every ones advice :D

#19 MiniChris

MiniChris

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 01:06 PM

Used mine yesterday too and was very impressed with the Lidl stuff! The hayleys comet was great as were the smaller cake too, totaly outperformed everything in its price range and above!

#20 Prestonboi

Prestonboi

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 02:24 PM

Used mine yesterday too and was very impressed with the Lidl stuff! The hayleys comet was great as were the smaller cake too, totaly outperformed everything in its price range and above!

Looks like a lot of people let theres of yesterday.

I got the Hayleys Comet and Cosmos, can't wait to fire them after what ive heard. Posted Image

#21 andyliv78

andyliv78

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 05:21 PM

What effects do both cakes have?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users