2 replies to this topic

#1 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 04:38 PM

Funny things overheard/said by staff in fireworks shops (mostly seasonal).

1. (customer- We can light these on the playing field near our house.) Staff- Yeah, thats a great idea! What he of course meant was - no, thats illegal under the 1875 explosives act.

2. (circa 2006) We havn't got any bangers in right now, we just sold out yesterday.

3. These are much cheaper than it says in the catalogue. (despite the fact that I had the catalogue in my hand, and was reading it - I assume he thought I couldn't read.)

4. Yes, these are all British made.

5. Are you 18? ( to me)

6. Yeah, we like this one it does this.. ( gives me a totally incorrect description based on the picture)

7. (at 2.30pm) Fireworks will be open in about half an hour. (me- but it says open from 12pm) Staff - Yes, he will be open in about half an hour. {not, sorry we are three hour late, sorry the sign is wrong etc}

8. (When I mention flashpowder) Ohh, thats too technical for me.

9. I can take credit cards, but we need to ring up someone with the number, and then you tell us your pin.

10. They are discount fireworks, yeah, but we sell them at the full catalogue price.
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#2 Asteroid

Asteroid

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 09:30 PM

I like the last one. Some people just assume that customers have no knowledge of the things they sell!

#3 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 09:58 PM

I like the last one. Some people just assume that customers have no knowledge of the things they sell!

I think the thing is , staff don't know what they are selling. Most of the staff in seasonal shops (not all, but many of them) are cash-in-hand folk, hired for a week or two. Alternativly, some seasonals are just shops (newsagents, sports shops, paint suppliers...) doing fireworks as a sideline to make money, not because of any fondness for fireworks.
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users