8 replies to this topic

#1 Caramanos2000

Caramanos2000

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 01:21 PM

So whos going? Im thinking of traveling to the event. Waiting for a response from the registration people because Im 17. im meeting up with a friend of mine which is older so I will probably end up paying for him to register to get in and have him buy some goodies. Dont mind not being able to build just yet, really want to watch and see everyones techniques and such. Anyone wanna meet up if I do end up going?

#2 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 02:34 PM

Stumped! What is Winterblast?
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#3 Caramanos2000

Caramanos2000

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 03:01 PM

http://www.westernpyro.org/
http://video.google....385636053873335

#4 portfire

portfire

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 05:00 PM

So jealous :( I might move to america ..I was watching this the other day,that man (Dr X i think) who makes those big 5"x26" titanium "ring" salutes is insane.Id love to be around when one of those go's off though. :ph34r:

dean
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage

#5 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 06:52 PM

America is a funny place! Even they can't understand the regs! Some states ban rockets, some states ban fireworks, some states have a range of consumer shells available. Then there is the option to set up legal manufacture through organisations like PGI and have major shoots of home made stuff.

For most of their pyro related permissions you must first be a US citizen.

Edited by Arthur Brown, 19 December 2007 - 07:01 PM.

http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#6 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 07:20 PM

The USA regs are State by state, so you get the odd situation of fireworks being almost totally prohibited in Georgia, but being freely available just across the state line in South Carolina, for example. It must be a difficult one to enforce.

I think the maximum powder content of an American consumer cake is 500g?

#7 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 07:59 PM

According to one forum you can go into Wal-mart (Asda) and buy Goex and Elephant BP. Seems crazy to me but they seem to do it! -Just imagine a row of BP packages for you to chose brand and grade in your local supermarket here.
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#8 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 10:08 PM

According to one forum you can go into Wal-mart (Asda) and buy Goex and Elephant BP. Seems crazy to me but they seem to do it! -Just imagine a row of BP packages for you to chose brand and grade in your local supermarket here.

In the fireworks shops all the stock is just "off the shelf" and you fill a trolley and take it to the til. I know there are obvious safety issues, but still, in a way it is a better system. From a business point of view too, people tend to buy more if it is off the shelf (with any product) . The British are always so... humble.. when asking for things at the counter! Also people tend to "impusle buy" things that are on the shelf. When I worked in a shop we used to keep wine behind the til, it was on offer 3 bottles for £10- but people would always ask for just one. Then we put it on the shop floor, and people were putting 6 at a time in their trolley!

Anyway, just a national difference I guess.

#9 portfire

portfire

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 10:14 PM

Just imagine a row of BP packages for you to chose brand and grade in your local supermarket here.

Ive gone all funny.....Nurse
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users