• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Pyros1985

Pyros1985

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 08:39 PM

Hi i am about to start working for a company accross europe and the uk and was wondering what type of training/qualifications i would need to be a firer, the company i will be working for are entering the motorcros fx shows to do the half time entertainment so the pyrotechnics will be being used in a stadium.
I have allready googled(for two days) but i have gotten so confused with the ammount of information that is around so any help will be very gratefull

#2 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 12:39 AM

There are no "qualifications" as such! There are separate legal rules in each country! for both storage and use of explosives including pyrotechnics. It is very difficult to arrange fully legal transport if devices across borders.

In each country you must satisfy the local licensing requirements, and the insurance requirements of all levels of government and the venue management!

Full understanding of MSER and the ADR dangerous load transport regs, and getting full europe wide insurance is a good start.

Each country will want to be sure that you and all your crew are "responsible" and "fit" people to handle pyro.

Remember everything that you transport is of value to terrorists, so you will need to assure every authority that you are secure!

ASP membership would be a help, but that takes time!
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users