3 replies to this topic

#1 NUKE

NUKE

PyroFan

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:02 PM

Hi,i have searched the foroum about how legal is it to make fireworks and i have been confused.I have seen very old topics and many topics about new laws.So i havent yet understand what is going on.

Please give me any information or links to read.

I live in greece but i only want to know what EU says about fireworks.

What about the 100 grams you are saying.Is it real?What about experiments?

I dont need to sell anything.I just want to make some for me.And i dont think that i will ever need more than 100 grams in a firework.

I also want to make a greek small foroum about fireworks and i dont know if it is legal to do so....

Thanks for your time.

#2 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:50 PM

Few if any of us are familiar with the Greek system of firework legislation. This is something you should check locally with a legally wise person.

Running a forum about fireworks and the use of fireworks should likely present no problems. Promoting the home manufacture of fireworks or worse devices, may not be advisable.

Only you can check using law advisors qualified in Greek law.

The European Pyro Directive is coming into force slowly over the next few years, and the Greek Government will make enabling legislation to enforce the Pyro Directive.

Making explosives -and ALL pyrotechnics are classes of explosives, is always dependent on the presumed intent. If anyone thinks you are being lawful in your intent then the authorities will have less interest than if they even suspect you of bad intent.

If there are enough, wise enough Greek pyros interested then you could form your own club and look into the legality and cost effectiveness of running your own lawful licensed factory.
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#3 Frozentech

Frozentech

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 09:23 PM

I suggest you contact Leosedf, a member on this forum. He lives in Greece, He is a knowledgeable and accomplished pyro.
"The word unblowupable is thrown around a lot these days, but I think I can say with confidence..."
KAABLAAAMMM!!!
"OK... that shows you what could potentially happen."
--Homer Simpson

#4 NUKE

NUKE

PyroFan

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 11:18 PM

Thanks for the replies

Yes,i know leosedf.We are chatting together...

So as i can see the only real way to know is to ask a law advisor.

I think that it is difficult to find many others 'Playing with fire' here...

I Will take a look at the European Pyro Directive for the moments.

And thanks again...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users