• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 08:51 PM

Lets calm down people, don't want this to turn into an episode of Jerry Springer!

If there has been a misunderstanding then I want to clear it up. We do not wish to make anyone feel unwelcome Gor, the people we don't want in here are people who are ignorant and don't want to learn things the proper way.

There are many people in this forum who know what they are doing, and thats great.

Time for a group hug!

#17 robert johnson

robert johnson

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 10:58 PM

and I will start the group hugging off . but i promise no kissing

#18 Robbie414

Robbie414

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 03:24 PM

Ok Ok

RobJ no tongues!!! lol

To whomever was offended by my original post...sorry..wrong time wrong place....but I still stand by Adam and Richards comments. I myself am more into high power rocketry than fireworks, and I try to avoid a lot of the effects that you guys desire!!!! ;) But still consider that fireworks are the best example of art working with science in tandem with engineering.

Gor.....I agree at least these people are asking the questions...but a search would do...and we have to remember that a little knowledge is very very dangerous...where do you draw the line at giving people info on how to create more 'powerful' comps..I say that you should gauge their competance before handing them the gun! And little tell tale signs show the more experienced among us who is going to be responsible with the information that we may give.

Sorry again :wub: ...kids, make love not flash :wub:

#19 Gor

Gor

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 09:57 PM

Hey I'm all for group hugs, and fireworks by their very nature attract fiery personalities, nothing wrong with that.

I think that there is a very valid question as to what we do with the couple of thousand posts this forum has already had, and how we direct the forum in the future, when it has had perhaps 10,000 posts. What do we do with all the knowledge and experience we are gathering here?

Perhaps a whole section could be created called 'beginners section', with the basic 'how do I' threads, (edited to remove the banter), being moved into there. To be honest it is quite difficult to thoroughly research a topic at the moment and a bit of streamlining would help. Perhaps different members could take a different theme (give each novice a topic to research?? and pull the relevant posts together).

I don't know the answers, but I can see how it is much easier to put up a new post than to search the site, and I would sooner take positive action than be grumpy about lazy posters. And hey --- if we really don't like the question nobody has to reply at all.

Perhaps what we are really lacking is some really cracking threads to keep us interested. Special FX was great to see, and I am interested too in closing the gap between the theoretical chemistry, of which I know only a little and the effects.

I am also really sad to have lost the flame blowing smilie. I shall start a campaign for his return. How do i set up one of those voting thingies? and how did you get your pink ones???

#20 Stuart

Stuart

BPS Member

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 10:06 PM

Good idea Gor. Mabye for a project we could assign the regular members a task to find out some information or mabye putting together a thread giving info on a perticular topic e.g one person explain how and why BP burns. Another explain how the rocket works etc. To start a poll, go to General Discusion and click Start Poll.

#21 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 10:54 PM

Even more simple. The admin team will join together threads about similar topics...hence more info found in same area's. Thanks for your suggestion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users