17 replies to this topic

#16 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:26 PM

Yes I expect we have watchers from every organisation with initials! MI5 SO13 NCIS et al anyone who crosses the invisible and fine line between fireworks and the dark side can expect to be found very rapidly and dealt with!

I'm sure that I was being spied on by MFI. At first they seemed like a strong organisation, but they collapsed after about 2 weeks.
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#17 icarus

icarus

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 10:13 PM

Strict controls on H.E, b**bs of any kind.unsafe techniques etc make this forum worth using . H E has its place in special effects but i am always reluctant to post anything that could be of any use to a terrorist . It is a sadness to me that a tiny part of the finite budget available for anti terrorism may have been spent covertly checking on my activities.I hope however that by remaining vigilant both myself and other members are able to recognise anything suspicious and report it . If our actions ever result in a single convicted terrorist I will be hosting a massive celebration party!!!
protodezine@gmail.com

#18 EnigmaticBiker

EnigmaticBiker

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 04:04 PM

I'm sure that I was being spied on by MFI. At first they seemed like a strong organisation, but they collapsed after about 2 weeks.

:rolleyes: :lol: Beat me to it. Don't forget their Swedish counterparts IKEA.

To return to my vehicle analogy to the laws surrounding pyro; The police have discretion about speeding on roads, which depends on the perceived threat to road users*.

For instance, it is unlikely someone travelling at 80mph on an relatively empty motorway will be stopped, despite the law. They are probably not significantly increasing the risk of an accident.
Do 10mph over the speed limit past a school or hospital and you're nicked.

It is likely the same applies, try some fountains, coloured fire, catherine wheels OK. Make bangs, mortars etc. in your suburban back garden and they will have to respond. Do not give people a reason to report you.

*might depend on colour if they are playing motorway snooker :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users