• Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

#61 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 06:17 AM

Dead simple, this course is the only one recognised by the insurers as adequate training for having your own firewoeks firing company.

However the course will not give you all the experience you need, you do need to fire professional shows to get that experience.

Currently, compliant access to cat4 -pro user only- supplies requires some evidence of

Training
Experience
insurance
Storage to MSER

So this course - like any other! ia only part of the needs for access to cat 4

However this course is the best one available to keep the cost of the first year's insurance premium down!
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#62 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:49 AM

Arthur, I think many of us would like to attend the course, but before we do, can you give us some idea of the various costs of insurance policies involved in firing, storage, transport & manufacture of fireworks?

#63 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:56 AM

If you are hesitant to spend a small sum on a training course then I sdoubt very much you will be forming your own display company.

#64 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 10:26 AM

If you are hesitant to spend a small sum on a training course then I sdoubt very much you will be forming your own display company.

Excuse me Starsky72, What gave you the idea my question was for you?..........did you not see that it was directed towards Arthur for a reply!

#65 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 10:29 AM

No need to get your knickers in a twist.

It's a simple statement from someone who runs his own company and knows a little bit about costs involved :)

#66 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 10:56 AM

Excuse me Starsky72, What gave you the idea my question was for you?..........did you not see that it was directed towards Arthur for a reply!

Starsky does run his own firing business, Spyrotechnics, so he speaks from experience.

I think the "gist" of his point was that there are lots of costs involved with running a fireworks display business.

Edited by David, 30 May 2008 - 10:59 AM.

OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#67 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 11:38 AM

No need to get your knickers in a twist.

It's a simple statement from someone who runs his own company and knows a little bit about costs involved :)

Steady on starsky72, no one at all is getting there knickers in a twist! ...........what is YOUR problem?, no one asked you for a statement in the first place!, my original question was clearly directed towards Arthur!.....or am I to believe you are his official spokesperson?

If you claim to run your own company, and you think you know a little about the costs involved in this particular industry, then why not impart your knowledge, instead trying to adopt an obnoxious antagonistic mentality?.........OMG, are you one of these new breed of on-line hoodies in disguise?.......you are arn`t you.......admit it!

Im not sure you should be allowed to play with fireworks!...........your clearly in no healthy mental condition!

#68 cooperman435

cooperman435

UKPS Caretaker & Bottlewasher

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 12:00 PM

WoooooAHHHH there girls.

Please remember this is a PUBLIC forum so anyone can read and reply. Unless you specifically PM someone then expect to have replies and comments from anyone who feels the desire to do so. THATS THE POINT OF A FORUM!

I think it was a valid question and answer so theres no need for this kina behaviour.

Kiss n make up

#69 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 12:31 PM

instead trying to adopt an obnoxious antagonistic mentality

OMG, are you one of these new breed of on-line hoodies in disguise?.......you are arn`t you.......admit it

Im not sure you should be allowed to play with fireworks!...........your clearly in no healthy mental condition!

I think your response says more than enough, I just hope Arthur Brown takes all these things into consideration when allowing people access to this training course, I am sure the course tutor would be very interested to know how aggressive you are.

Regards

Stuart

#70 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 12:36 PM

Crystal Palace Fireworks, it might be a good idea just to cool down a little. One of the strengths of this board is the polite, sensible way in which members interact with each other. Please maintain that.
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#71 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 01:09 PM

Back on topic. Badger have you taken your name off the list?
Phew that was close.

#72 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 01:33 PM

I think your response says more than enough, I just hope Arthur Brown takes all these things into consideration when allowing people access to this training course, I am sure the course tutor would be very interested to know how aggressive you are.

Regards

Stuart

Stuart, with respect, you did make assumptive and un-called for comments towards me on hesitancy and forming my own display company to an original innocent & logical question directed to Arthur....... which really has no basis for an argument or interpretation!

How do you know what my intentions are anyway? do you seroiusly think you can go around undermining forum members without getting a reply in the way you did?.........I will defend myself in manner that is clearly jovial and not intended to be offensive!

I appologized if I have offended you, but its only decent for you to do the same thing.........given you started it!

end of discussion!

P.S - If want to know more about me, and my connections to the industry, then please ask...I will be glad to accomodate you!

#73 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 01:46 PM

I have no desire to know anything more about you or your connections with the industry, I think you have said enough.

You stated that many of you would like to attend the course but needed to know the costs associated with running a fireworks display company, namely insurance, storage etc etc before you committed to the training course.

My opinion, which hasn't changed, is that anyone who is hesitant about spending £150 max on a training course (that has the endorsement of the countries few insurance brokers) isn't in a position to starting their own display company. There was no personal attack, no name calling, no doubting of capability mentally etc

Arthur Brown has taken a lot of time to organise this training, I have had a number of phone calls with him discussing various aspects of the industry including training. He has chosen a very knowledgeable person to run the course and anyone attending it will get a lot out of it.

regards

Stuart

#74 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 02:13 PM

I have no desire to know anything more about you or your connections with the industry, I think you have said enough.

You stated that many of you would like to attend the course but needed to know the costs associated with running a fireworks display company, namely insurance, storage etc etc before you committed to the training course.

My opinion, which hasn't changed, is that anyone who is hesitant about spending £150 max on a training course (that has the endorsement of the countries few insurance brokers) isn't in a position to starting their own display company. There was no personal attack, no name calling, no doubting of capability mentally etc

Arthur Brown has taken a lot of time to organise this training, I have had a number of phone calls with him discussing various aspects of the industry including training. He has chosen a very knowledgeable person to run the course and anyone attending it will get a lot out of it.

regards

Stuart

Oh well I have apologized, and you have not done so!.......what more can I say?

#75 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 02:25 PM

A copy of Arthurs last post in an attempt to get this thread back on track, I apologise for instigating the drift :)

Dead simple, this course is the only one recognised by the insurers as adequate training for having your own firewoeks firing company.

However the course will not give you all the experience you need, you do need to fire professional shows to get that experience.

Currently, compliant access to cat4 -pro user only- supplies requires some evidence of

Training
Experience
insurance
Storage to MSER

So this course - like any other! ia only part of the needs for access to cat 4

However this course is the best one available to keep the cost of the first year's insurance premium down!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users