• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 screwball

screwball

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 12:24 PM

The classic range is actually from Classic Fireworks, a display company based Blackburn, who work with Firework Factory on displays.

The Firework Factory is a major retail stockist of the Classic Range, although Classic do have their own shop too ( I didn't know that until yesterday!)

yeh i know of thier website however they dont have an online shop or even mention one that i recall and google doesnt come up with anything bigger than 3 inch shellhead rockets which i thought were the biggest you could get myself

in all honesty even though i have bought what i have of them recently im not a fan of them due to the fallout problem , they are sadly the only way of getting a decent size high break into a display though

#17 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 12:52 PM

yeh i know of thier website however they dont have an online shop or even mention one that i recall and google doesnt come up with anything bigger than 3 inch shellhead rockets which i thought were the biggest you could get myself

in all honesty even though i have bought what i have of them recently im not a fan of them due to the fallout problem , they are sadly the only way of getting a decent size high break into a display though

Its what I would call an old fashioned shop. Its in a rather run-down part of Blackburn, closed down pubs etc- they largely do party goods, with a range of fireworks in the corner. If I'm being honest, the shop was of little appeal to me- I can get better deals on the same stuff elsewhere. Anyway, here is a scan from the brochure:

Posted Image
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#18 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 01:16 PM

To get this back onto the original topic a little- Did anyone ever buy a "Storm in a box?" It was basically a mine/b0mbette candle combination, physically massive, on a wooden frame- and with a comically high selling price- between £175 and £275 , depending ont he shop. I got the impression that it was marketed at the big casual spender who wasn't very "clued up" about fireworks- IE someone who wanted the " Biggest one in the shop" and also the most expensive. I never actually saw one, but I can't imagine the performance was good enough to justify the price.

I think the Firework Store in Wakefield actually had a sign up saying " We bought this last year, but we arn't selling it again because its not worth the money! "
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#19 screwball

screwball

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 03:41 PM

To get this back onto the original topic a little- Did anyone ever buy a "Storm in a box?" It was basically a mine/b0mbette candle combination, physically massive, on a wooden frame- and with a comically high selling price- between £175 and £275 , depending ont he shop. I got the impression that it was marketed at the big casual spender who wasn't very "clued up" about fireworks- IE someone who wanted the " Biggest one in the shop" and also the most expensive. I never actually saw one, but I can't imagine the performance was good enough to justify the price.

I think the Firework Store in Wakefield actually had a sign up saying " We bought this last year, but we arn't selling it again because its not worth the money! "

GNF used to have 1 on display in thier shop and i used to have a video of 1 being fired from sandlings site basicly consisted of a dozen or so roman candles fused together however they were pretty crap cos of the weight issue .....most a Cat3 firework can weigh is 10 kilos and you can imagine how much wood was used in that thing LOL not to mention the labour and shipping costs bumping up the price

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users