#1 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 09:25 AM

Barclay's new slogan is " Fluent in Finance. "

Just a shame that whenever I call them the person answering the 'phone isn't fluent in English.

>>>>>>

Now, I mentioned that joke to friends, and was told it was racist. Personally, I don't think its racist at all. Its a witty pop at how banks like to present themselves, and the reality of the service they offer.

Edited by David, 07 June 2008 - 09:27 AM.

OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#2 portfire

portfire

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 09:35 AM

How the hell is that racist! It just shows how "PC" this country is becoming, or is!!.....I keep hearing the words 'freedom' and 'freedom of speech' ...Whats that then :rolleyes:
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage

#3 pyrotrev

pyrotrev

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• UKPS Members
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 12:17 PM

Agree absolutely! commenting on someone's abilities or services is no way racist. Being racist is really all about having a bias against someone on the basis of their ethnicity.
Trying to do something very beautiful but very dangerous very safely....

#4 Mortartube

Mortartube

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 11:47 AM

I agree. It's not racist. If you genuinely can't understand a person who is supposed to be assisting you in some way, then they and the company are failing in their job.

I find it very difficult to believe organisations such as the police force saying they must recruit a particular percentage of Black or Asian officers.

Surely to recruit someone because of their ethnic background rather than their suitability for the job, IS racist. If the police force said they must recruit a particular percentage of white officers that would immediately be branded racist.

My biggest gripe about people who label others as racist is that they are usually white middle class people who get offended on someone else's behalf. They create more loathing and friction between races and classes than if they just kept their mouths shut.

That's my little rant.
Organisation is a wonderful trait in others

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users