Edited by chris m, 10 June 2008 - 11:03 PM.
Posted 07 June 2008 - 06:44 PM
I've made a few nozzle-less rockets i use fast willow bp, 1" id by 6" long case with a 3" core 8mm diameter.
These rockets are super fast, probably capable of lifting a 3" shell.
I tried ramming one on my standard bp core burner tooling (8"core 10" case length) using half an hour milled pine bp (this is slow bp) and it was a huge cato; it split the case down the entire length, these were tubes from pyrotubes4europe so they were very good strong tubes. I would advise against the long core with fast bp, im trying unmilled greenmix next with a long core.
Posted 07 June 2008 - 11:37 PM
Posted 10 June 2008 - 11:03 PM
Posted 12 June 2008 - 02:35 PM
Sorry about the vid, its only filmed from a digi camera not a camcorder. I think it accelerated a bit quickly for my dad to follow it
Total weight was 312g with a 123g dummy header in a 3" ball shell. It seems like it is capable if lifting alot more, i will test one with a 4" ball header and about 250g dummy payload.
Edited by Sambo, 12 June 2008 - 02:36 PM.
Posted 13 June 2008 - 08:01 PM
It looks like i'm going to have to change the ratios about a bit. Heres the post pic of the rocket
Edited by Sambo, 13 June 2008 - 08:02 PM.
Posted 13 June 2008 - 08:37 PM
It would be great if you could get some vids, have they got any headers?
Ill keep experimenting, and post any results here.
Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:18 PM
Posted 15 June 2008 - 03:24 PM
I've just tried with one strand of black match all the way up the core as skylighter reccomends, the lift was quick untill it cato'd at about 15ft
It seems like most of the motors i build atm cato.
Whats your 3lb propellent ratios? mine is 51/40/9 kno3/c/s
How did yours go on sat anyway? got any vids?
Edited by Sambo, 15 June 2008 - 04:17 PM.
Posted 16 June 2008 - 05:38 PM
the propellant was four hour willow meal 75,15,10 riced with 3% Vaseline which was dissolved in warm cellulose thinners, this is then left to dry for a few days then!! this is the important bit! pressed to two tons
i made three motors first a standard 1lb bp rocket tooling, a six inch long 1"id motor this lifted 260G with ease, and a 10" long motor carrying 360G , its hard to see the rockets after they launch so ill do a night time one with headers, also it looks like you don't need a clay bulkhead heres the vid rocket test
Edited by chris m, 16 June 2008 - 07:39 PM.
Posted 17 June 2008 - 12:16 PM
Posted 17 June 2008 - 02:41 PM
Lube or use a releace agent on the spindle and put a tube on; you simply pour the propellent in and pull a vacuum on the top of the tube to remove any air bubbles trapped.
The F/O ratio would ahve to be changed slightly as the resin would act like another fuel in the mix, i would probably use a 60/40 ratio so every 4 parts resin i would add 6 parts oxidizer.
Edited by Sambo, 17 June 2008 - 02:58 PM.
Posted 17 June 2008 - 04:53 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users