• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 Rip Rap

Rip Rap

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 10:21 AM

Refering back to the original post about touch paper - does anyone know what type of paper was used by Standard, Pains etc to make their touch paper?
As has been discussed here, touch paper is easy enough to make & I have tried dozens of different types of paper & tissue, but have not got anything that really looks or feels/handles like the original stuff. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it. :)
"Choose a job that you love & you will never do a days work in your life!"

#32 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 07:38 PM

I'm not sure what paper it is, but I have sheets of it (original Standard stuff). It is quite tough with a slightly glossy finish. Reasonably thick too.
75 : 15: 10... Enough said!

#33 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 07:51 PM

Some form of sugar paper perhaps?

#34 bobconan

bobconan

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 09:01 PM

flash/touch paper was also used by bookies. If the cops come you just throw your cigar on the books and poof no more evidence.
I like blue

#35 Rip Rap

Rip Rap

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 07:08 AM

Some form of sugar paper perhaps?

Yep, I have tried blue sugar paper Richard (no doubt there are lots of different grades) but the types I have acquired & tried were too thick. :huh:
I was wondering if it was a thin form of blotting paper. The paper may of course be made especially for touch paper & nothing else! It would be interesting to find out.
"Choose a job that you love & you will never do a days work in your life!"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users