Photo

Fireworks Get Togther Survey

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: Fireworks Meet Up?

Would you be interest in attending a meet up?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Which of these might put you off? (tick as many as you like)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Would you be willing to make a contribution towards hire costs

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 09:50 PM

OK! On a thread a few months ago the Pyro Society said one of its aims was to help members organise their own events, get togethers etc. So to that extent, I though a poll would be helpful. Please answer the questions!

All questions are MULTIPLE CHOICE, tick as many boxes as suits you. Personally, for the money question, I'd say I'd typically spend £10-£20 , but would consider over £20 for something special, so I've ticked both.

I'll keep it really basic at the moment.

Finally, to be clear- This is a long term thing, really. IE, its for the general good. This doesn't relate to anything I'm planning specifically.

Edited by David, 20 July 2008 - 09:56 PM.

OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#2 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 10:39 PM

Also, feel free to reply with any more ideas.

#3 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 06:30 PM

I've been looking into venue hire- it typically ranges from about £50 (although this might not be a suitable location) to around £120 , which would include use of a kitchen and a hall.

#4 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 03:24 PM

Righto! Responce has been good, but limited to 15 people- to be honest, I think that pretty much represents the number of regular forum posters at the moment who are based in the UK.

As such this sort of event may well be a success, but will only really work when a few more people are using the boards.

A venue I might consider in the future is the memorial hall I have used before, in North/central Lancs. It is £70 to hire, has indoor space and a lot of good outdoor space.

There is also a large village hall, with excellent grounds, in North Lancashire which is perfect, although a little more expensive.

Single room hire can be as cheap as £20 for the evening, often with grounds too.

Edited by David, 30 July 2008 - 03:39 PM.

#5 screwball

screwball

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 10:21 AM

Righto! Responce has been good, but limited to 15 people- to be honest, I think that pretty much represents the number of regular forum posters at the moment who are based in the UK.

As such this sort of event may well be a success, but will only really work when a few more people are using the boards.

A venue I might consider in the future is the memorial hall I have used before, in North/central Lancs. It is £70 to hire, has indoor space and a lot of good outdoor space.

There is also a large village hall, with excellent grounds, in North Lancashire which is perfect, although a little more expensive.

Single room hire can be as cheap as £20 for the evening, often with grounds too.

i assume both places are fine with hall/land being used for pyro purposes which may include having powder etc inside as part of demostrations plus being fired outside ? and what about insurance should the unthinkable happen

#6 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 02:18 PM

i assume both places are fine with hall/land being used for pyro purposes which may include having powder etc inside as part of demostrations plus being fired outside ?

Yes, they are happy with fireworks being used- they are used fairly regularly for wedding parties, birthdays etc, so there are often fireworks there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users