#16 cooperman435

cooperman435

UKPS Caretaker & Bottlewasher

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 04:23 PM

Ahemmm ahemmm. My ematch tutorial is still available to be seen at

http://www.freewebs....jectshidden.htm

These ematches if made with 44swg Nichrome wire (which I've still got loads of going spare) fire perfectly from every firing unit I've ever tested them on immediately and still with a 100% success rate, as long as you follow the instructions to the letter.

I will be moving content over to the new website very soon, but you can see it there for now.

Edited by cooperman435, 31 July 2008 - 04:25 PM.

#17 dogsbody

dogsbody

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 11:05 PM

Ahemmm ahemmm. My ematch tutorial is still available to be seen at

http://www.freewebs....jectshidden.htm

These ematches if made with 44swg Nichrome wire (which I've still got loads of going spare) fire perfectly from every firing unit I've ever tested them on immediately and still with a 100% success rate, as long as you follow the instructions to the letter.

I will be moving content over to the new website very soon, but you can see it there for now.

Many thanks for that..not reallyinto mixing the chemicals (wouldnt know where to purchase to start with)

#18 dogsbody

dogsbody

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:12 PM

Manythanks Cooperman, been looking at your site tonight.

I think I have sourced a remote system (either on Easy pyro or merlinfire sites) and am now on the search for cheapish commercial igniters (I have looked at several tutorials on how to make them, but not into the manufacturing side of things)

I found one supplier, willing to sell no problems but collection only (I'm in Devon theyre in Norfolk!) anyone know any suppliers (Stage electrics sell them at 1.18 each!) that would ship them?

many thanks

#19 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 06:09 AM

£1.18 is a fair price for singles or small batches. Ask for a price per hundred or thousand.

Igniters will still not fire visco reliably so you need to sort out your passfire system. Getting QM is the best way,
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#20 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 06:24 AM

£1.18 is a fair price for singles or small batches. Ask for a price per hundred or thousand.

Igniters will still not fire visco reliably so you need to sort out your passfire system. Getting QM is the best way,

Seems pricey to me, they work out at 90p even from a place such as HFM pyrotechnics (by the way I would imagine they would post them out to you zebedee).

I have been quoted less than 30p each! (although I have to pick them up at that price).

Edited by digger, 22 August 2008 - 06:31 AM.

Phew that was close.

#21 Rick

Rick

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 02:13 PM

Zebedee - Why not talk to a devon based company? There are plenty in the Exeter Yellow Pages

#22 hannah chen

hannah chen

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 01:45 AM

hopefully this is in the right section......

I use Cat3 fireworks and have done displays for several years manually lighting the fireworks, onviousley as cat 3 they have visco fuses.

apart from the bright spark unit (which wont suit me) are there any units available to non licensed users (I gather Merlin do..are these any good?) and will any of the remote leads (ematches) able to set visco fuses off?

any help or ideas would be great

#23 hannah chen

hannah chen

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 01:53 AM

[quote name='zebedee' date='Jul 24 2008, 04:41 AM' post='46706']
hopefully this is in the right section......

I use Cat3 fireworks and have done displays for several years manually lighting the fireworks, onviousley as cat 3 they have visco fuses.

apart from the bright spark unit (which wont suit me) are there any units available to non licensed users (I gather Merlin do..are these any good?) and will any of the remote leads (ematches) able to set visco fuses off?

any help or ideas would be great
hi, zebedee
We are a firing system factory in China. Recently, our factory have researched a new kind of firing ignitor, which is called the secure igniter.That's mean, this ignitor not contained the chemicals, so any one can use it to display the fireworks,not only the professionals.Besides,our factory produces many kinds of firing system,if you are interested in them,pls enter into our website:www.firingsystem.net Maybe it will help you in some degree.Thanks.

#24 hollisterbay

hollisterbay

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 03:25 PM

Whats the best, most reliable remote firing system?

#25 dogsbody

dogsbody

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 05:25 PM

Whats the best, most reliable remote firing system?

expensive!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users