31 replies to this topic

#16 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 04:39 PM

Just to go against the grain, I've bought some of the fireworks packs from JTF for the last 5-6 years and been more than happy with my purchases. I've mostly gone for the �99 pack but one year went for the �199 pack. The contents I have always thought to be fantastic value for money and the rockets included we're superb (none included this year though :angry: ). Infact, I fired the �99 pack last year along side some CAT 4 material and it didn't seem out of place. The larger candles and cakes are really very good. None of the cakes included had empty voids or tubes which you tend to find with the cheaper smaller stuff.

I know the smaller JTF stuff is a little over packaged, but this seems to be the case with alot of the smaller "consumer" products.

Anyway, its all personal tastes I suppose!

Cheers,

Wayne.

Just to be pedantic, when you say the �99 pack, you mean then �117.50 pack, and the �199 pack is the �235 pack.

VAT does make a difference!

You can get similar packs- which I'm sure will be just as good- from Fireworks Shops. Most fireworks shops will do you a deal, whereas with JTF you have to ADD 17.5% to get the real price.

But as, always- make up your own mind! Looking at the brochure, it appears that the packs have the usual sparklers, big bore candles, pen lid cakes etc and a mixture of barrages.

Just do be aware that all the stuff they are selling is new reg, so it WILL be different from the packs you had in previous years, which included flashpowder.

Edited by David, 24 July 2009 - 01:04 PM.

OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#17 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 05:55 PM

As their nearest branch is 130 miles away .......
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#18 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 03:47 AM

You arn't missing much! It appears that JTF is basically a very very large version of those "Discount Shops" that are popular in towns like Blackpool, Fleetwood, B and M Bargains and the like.

Edited by David, 29 September 2008 - 03:49 AM.

#19 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 07:06 AM

The key thing with JTF is to ignore their "SRPs" and think about the price you are paying. For example, they have a 19 shot barrage that sells for £14.68. Thats a pretty average full price for a Men Shun 19 shot barrage. However, they stick on a comical £29.99 RRP. On the other hand, they also have another 19 shotter, Fire Storm, that sells for £5. 70. That would appear to be decent value (unless it is wank).

#20 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 04:17 PM

The key thing with JTF is to ignore their "SRPs" and think about the price you are paying. For example, they have a 19 shot barrage that sells for £14.68. Thats a pretty average full price for a Men Shun 19 shot barrage. However, they stick on a comical £29.99 RR

comical RRP's seem to be doing the rounds these days - it's not just JTF :)

#21 Firestarter

Firestarter

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 04:27 PM

Starsky,

Sorry to be a pain but have you had time to do a list of your pyro yet?  Reason being i'm buying my stash this weekend and would be tempted to make the trip  ;)

#22 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 06:07 PM

Yes, I have been holding off until deliveries arrived - which they have over the past couple of days, I haven't had chance to update the website but if you PM me your email address I will send you a spreadsheet with stock lists on as well as all the discounts we are doing, more discounts this year than ever before :)

#23 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 07:22 PM

comical RRP's seem to be doing the rounds these days - it's not just JTF :)

I know the prices of TNT and Brothers have shot up, but other brands seem to be selling at RRPs similar to those they were charging last year. I think Men Shun, for example, have kept their price bands the same, but in some cases lowered the number of shots. Again, however, this may be a better effect.

Hard to say at this stage.

#24 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 08:59 PM

I've certainly seen cakes with blank tubes -simply not filled because the filling doesn't pass BS7114
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#25 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:32 PM

comical RRP's seem to be doing the rounds these days

It is certainly true that RRPs can vary wildly for the same firework, the only difference being the label and name. Even something as basic as indoor sparklers can vary greatly.

#26 sjc

sjc

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 09:57 PM

[quote name='David' date='Sep 19 2008, 09:26 PM' post='48832']
Some of it is shockingly poor. I got one called Bloodstained Bayonets- £23.50 their price. Turns out that its 100 10mm bore comets (tiny). For nearly 25 quid, that is very over priced.

Yes, there are one or two to avoid at JTF

Edited by sjc, 30 October 2008 - 09:59 PM.

#27 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 12:53 PM

From what I saw of JTFs range last night, it looks OK. But bluntly, it's not quite as cheap as it sounds, but still decent value for money. IE their Lunar Launchpad, which they sell for £8.07, is worth maybe £10 when compared to fireworks from other ranges.

Still annoying that they don't say what fireworks DO. I saw one that was a mine combination (their version of Neuclar ((spelling?)) Weapons)- no footage online that I can find, either.

#28 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 03:57 PM

Saw some more bits from JTF recently, they are very low on stock now but might be bringing some in for New Year.

Edited by David, 04 December 2008 - 03:58 PM.

#29 Firework Crazy

Firework Crazy

Firework Crazy

• UKPS Advertisers
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 10:48 AM

Has anyone got the PDF of JTF's range from the last year or so?
Regards.

Mark

Posted Image

#30 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 11:06 AM

Has anyone got the PDF of JTF's range from the last year or so?

By "the last year" do you mean the last firework "season?"

I think one came out in August 2008. They sold fireworks up to and including new year 2009, then sold the remaining stock off. (Well, the Preston store did.)

I'm trying to locate the PDF, although it might have been deleted.

Can't find it! If you have a specific question, ask and I'll see what I remember.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users