#1 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 06:03 PM

Just another idea, really.

Does anyone fancy a meet up/get together round Christmas time ? It is a traditional time for meet up, festivities etc, plus people won't be as busy then as they would around Bonfire night.

I am happy to find a venue ( a village hall type of thing probably) to host this, a small contribution towards costs would be useful. I do personally think a venue is better, simply because it is easier to park, and there is more space.

I'm thinking a general party, food, cake, chat etc- if people wanted we could do some Pyro too ( depending on the venue.)

So yeah- please let me know what you think, and above all if you would be interested in coming!

The venue I'm thinking of is £22 or £55 for an evening (depending if you want the small room, or both a small and big room.)

Edited by David, 25 August 2008 - 06:08 PM.

OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#2 Night Owl

Night Owl

Shell

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 06:38 PM

Yeah I'm interested David, not sure on a venue but I'm up for this even if its jus to see wot everyone is up to with their pyro things, can I just ask anyone reading this, a friend of mine is selling up his fireworks display business for £50,000 because he's moving to Australia, can anyone lend me £50,000 please :unsure:

Edited by shell shooter man, 25 August 2008 - 06:41 PM.

#3 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 06:44 PM

let me look under the sofa...... sorry, just cat hair ;)

What the guys company called???

#4 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 10:01 PM

Yeah I'm interested David, not sure on a venue but I'm up for this even if its jus to see wot everyone is up to with their pyro things,

Well, if people fancy it we could just meet up in a pub, for a meal or similar? It all depends on interest, people being free etc. Please do indicate if you might be interested folks. A venue would require booking in advance.

I am looking into similar things for an alumni group I'm part of, and we have been told that they usually take Christmas bookings from early September. So, yeah, this isn't really the sort of thing that can be done last minute.
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#5 screwball

screwball

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 10:59 PM

let me look under the sofa...... sorry, just cat hair ;)

What the guys company called???

i wouldnt keep 50 grand under the soffa (or the stock market for that matter either) for 50 grand i asume hes got loads of stock and garenteed customers/orders etc as the last company i saw for sale on ebay didnt even make £2000

#6 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 09:18 PM

As a reply to the "social" post. Lets find an event that we can peg our meeting onto. AND let's find it in March or April not the prime firework season. Also venues know they can fill their function rooms easily during the Christmas party season and the wedding season. Spring and late autumn have easier availability as there are fewer parties then but the run up to Nov 5th is so busy in the fireworks industry that there isn't time for anyone with firing skills to be away from the business. Jan and feb are bad for transport and weather, March and April seem OK May to september is the wedding season with it's associated fireworks shows then it's the real work of nov 5th and 31st dec.

As a reply to the Business question. Anyone can value a business at anything, and ask that much. Only a local accountant working for YOU can suggest what value the business has, how much of the contracts will actually transfer to you. It really is difficult to put a value on the stock. Is the stock in the store ALL still saleable or usable? Also remember that you must find that much cash to be able to buy him out. Loans to buy a business will need to be secured against assets and that means your house - assuming you have enough equity. Even then your first lender may not let you secure things on any current equity because that puts you closer to negative equity when - as seems likely - house prices continue to fall for 2 - 3 years.
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users