• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Meggsy

Meggsy

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 03:28 PM

I have recently had unrestricted access to Steve Allison's firework collection ( I am sure a few of you here know him), I think it is, without doubt, one of the most amazing collections of fireworks and fireworks memorabilia in England… and I for one was like a big kid going through it all.

Now this is a taster and only a very, very small sample of some of the material that will needed be catalogued in the coming years….I have been there for three days and still have much more to see and photograph….as I say I will try and get a brief chronological feature of the history of the 'British Firework Industry' going, but it is a massive subject and one that I know Steve himself will be undertaking in the coming years…so it is with great thanks that he has let me have the access to the collection that I have had...

Here are some early 20th Century pieces working up to the 70's....These first pictures are of some Well's saleman's boards, for taking to shops....some great names...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

more to come......

#2 DavePlym

DavePlym

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 07:18 PM

why not consider a glossy book, along the lines of the firework art but with the actual 3d pictures such as these?
you whistle it, i'll hummer it

#3 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:52 PM

Wow that must be an impressive collection.

Although many of those fireworks had already gone when I was a youth those pictures certainly bring back some fond memories.

D
Phew that was close.

#4 richy59driver

richy59driver

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 09:20 PM

Wow that must be an impressive collection.

Although many of those fireworks had already gone when I was a youth those pictures certainly bring back some fond memories.

D

does he want to sell an astrolite?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users