20 replies to this topic

#16 Mortartube

Mortartube

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 09:55 AM

Most of the information that is mentioned in Phil's post would (and should) be on the TREM card. Just a note, in the event that you pass through a number of countries that speak different languages, you MUST have a TREM card in each language for the countries that you pass through.

I used to be ADR trained but let it lapse when I ceased to work in the industry. If the course is pretty much the same as it was, you would have to be extremely dim not to be able to pass it. It is a piece of cake to pass.

I would suggest that you buy the transport regs from HMSO and carry them with you, or even photocopy a set. If you have them with you, you could argue that you are aware of them and have them with you for reference.
Organisation is a wonderful trait in others

#17 Rick

Rick

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 11:24 AM

My ADR lapses next year; So would look to sit the core and explosives module then. A course for 16 people works out cheaper per head than that for an individual candidate - so if anybody is interested please let me know.

I normally go to a company called Friendberry based in Somerset.

#18 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 11:01 AM

Thanks for info guys,

Question:-

Is there any requirement for signage to be displayed on non ADR vehicles or trailers?

Can someone please explain a little bit more info on TREM cards?

Are they plastic cards to be written on to be used over and over for each different trip?,........does anyone have a picture of one for the different catagories of fireworks that they can post?

#19 Mortartube

Mortartube

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 11:33 AM

If you carry less than the weights where ADR training is required, then you do not need signage or Trem Cards. This allows Joe Public to drive their stash home from the Firework Shop they visit without any problems.

Here is a Tremcard for Gasoline. It is paper or card and is used once for the journey. It lists the consigner and consignee (i.e who sent the goods and who will recieve them). The hazards and appropriate action in an emergency and an emergency contact number. Also in the case of explosives, the NEQ and hazard class is mentioned.

http://www.foresight...es/Tremcard.jpg

You will need multiple TREM cards if you are delivering to more than one venue. I.e, if you had 100kg NEQ on board, and you delivered 50kg NEQ to one address, you need a separate card for the remaining load and a place to put the no longer valid TREM card to show it is no longer in use.

They don't need to look like the one pictured but they must have all of the relevant information on them laid out in a clear and easily understandable manner. You can make one up on your computer once you have seen one and know what details to include.

Edited by Mortartube, 28 September 2008 - 11:36 AM.

Organisation is a wonderful trait in others

#20 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 01:23 PM

A brief understanding of the ADR rules was in the cat4 course.

ADR rules apply for 500Kilos or more class 1.4 or 50kilos or more of 1.1 - 1.3.

Below that weight (NEQ) you do not need to comply with ADR rules and must NOT display diamonds or plates.

Above that weight limit you must have full ADR drivers, vehicles, route planning etc.

With a hazardous cargo you must always have the correct "Notification in Writing" information (TREM is one particular trade name for the paper) this must be complete and correct. You should also carry a 2kilo dry powder extinguisher at all times.

If you need 1.3 and 1.4 in a show then you may need two vehicles to get the weights below the ADR threshold.
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#21 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:41 AM

Thanks guys

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users