182 replies to this topic

#31 Stuart

Stuart

BPS Member

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 03:49 PM

As for costs, becuase a lot of us are under 16, getting a few hundred could prove to be difficult so there are 2 ways around it.

1.We wait a year or so and start saving money. This wouldn't pay for everything but will cover most of the costs.

2. Someone could take out a loan from the bank for 10K then every month, everybody interested could send the person who took out the loan some money, say ?10-?20. If there are 25 people and they send ?15 pound, that works out to be ?375 which is about the correct amount that would have to be payed. About the only trouble is getting the loan from the bank as "I want to make a fireworks factory" doesn't sound very good.

We will have to see about the price of everything as putting on displays or showing people how fireworks are made and work (a family day out if you will) could bring in some cash.

As for locality, I will try and make a map and put a mark were everybody lives and upload it so everybody can see. If it is somewhere that someone cant get to (i.e age), then they could get a train to the closest station to the factory and I am sure someone will be willing to collect them and we could have weekends there and every weekend, everybody could chip in ?10 to pay for the materials and running costs.

Just imagine 20+ ball mills, all diffrent designs, going at the same time.

And a question. When this place is up and running (I hope), are the people without the explosive licences (what ever they are called) be allowed to make BP and rockets etc or will someone else have to do it for them?

Edited by Stuart, 22 September 2003 - 03:50 PM.

#32 BigG

BigG

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 04:13 PM

As for costs, becuase a lot of us are under 16, getting a few hundred could prove to be difficult so there are 2 ways around it.

1.We wait a year or so and start saving money. This wouldn't pay for everything but will cover most of the costs.

2. Someone could take out a loan from the bank for 10K then every month, everybody interested could send the person who took out the loan some money, say ?10-?20. If there are 25 people and they send ?15 pound, that works out to be ?375 which is about the correct amount that would have to be payed. About the only trouble is getting the loan from the bank as "I want to make a fireworks factory" doesn't sound very good.

We will have to see about the price of everything as putting on displays or showing people how fireworks are made and work (a family day out if you will) could bring in some cash.

As for locality, I will try and make a map and put a mark were everybody lives and upload it so everybody can see. If it is somewhere that someone cant get to (i.e age), then they could get a train to the closest station to the factory and I am sure someone will be willing to collect them and we could have weekends there and every weekend, everybody could chip in ?10 to pay for the materials and running costs.

Just imagine 20+ ball mills, all diffrent designs, going at the same time.

And a question. When this place is up and running (I hope), are the people without the explosive licences (what ever they are called) be allowed to make BP and rockets etc or will someone else have to do it for them?

Down Boy :) You are running too fast.

Nobody is going to take a loan. Don’t forget that some of us have 10k in their bank account. Even so, I do not expect anyone to make provisions for the rest. We don’t know each other that well that I’ll entrust myself to have the money repied is an orderly fashion.

Also, we are not going to have 20 ball mills running at once. How much electricity points do you think we are going to have? Do you really believe we will have 20 people gathering in the building? Maybe rarely – on special days, and those will have to be planed carefully. Ball mills will have to run outside the building at a safe distance from each other. You will have to stop all of them when you approach to empty one…. I think one or two large ball mills of a stable design are more likely.

Also, for BP, it might be more economic to buy it in. When you have the license, you are allowed.

You don’t need individual licenses for people. The license is for the people who are allowed to work in the workshop. E.G. club members. You will need license to transport your finished designes out of the area.

Richard, your comment about a possible questioner please?

BigG

#33 Gor

Gor

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 06:49 PM

Stuart, what you describe is called a 'borrowing community', and BigG, no individual carries the responsibility, the whole community does.

There are specific banks and even charities that seek to promote social development through making loans to such communities. We will not raise all the money in this way but it can be a way in which those not able to give a lump sum, but able to offer say ?5 a month can make a very real contribution.

I am a bit concerned that only a few of us are contributing to this thread, so would suggest that everyone who agrees in principle posts a response, and anyone wishing to contribute either in time or money puts their mit in the air (or their pocket).

By the way, If you have 10k in your bank account when's the party?

Edited by Gor, 22 September 2003 - 06:51 PM.

#34 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 07:53 PM

I suggest you think up some sort of poll - "All in favour of contributing to the creation of a pyro club factory say 'Aye'" or thereabouts. I would prefer that rather than 30 more posts saying "I would be interested". If you have anything substantial to add, then please feel free to post.
75 : 15: 10... Enough said!

#35 Stuart

Stuart

BPS Member

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 08:07 PM

We can't start polls. They used to be in the general section

#36 Gor

Gor

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 09:51 PM

Adam,

Don't be boring. 30 posts saying 'Count me in' would be great.

At least then we would know who is in

#37 RegimentalPyro

RegimentalPyro

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 07:51 AM

I'll start it off. I *really* want to be a part of this. Count me in for a financial contribution.

#38 RegimentalPyro

RegimentalPyro

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 08:20 AM

Just thinking about this.

What is needed at first is a chunk of land well away [quarter to half a mile] from residential areas, that we can either buy or rent for practically nothing. Also noone should be able to complain if we put up a few sheds and a secure lockable store on said parcel of land.

What about allotments? I know that traditionally these are used for growing vegetables, but I think the point of these was to give people who live in urban areas the ability to do stuff that normally requires open countryside....and that's us!......It would certainly keep costs down.

If we choose a site that's next to water, we could plant willow trees there also :D

#39 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 10:09 AM

OK, I'm really interested and I would make a financial contribution but the problem is going to be that I'm not going to make a contribution to a club that is so far away that I can never go there...
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#40 BigG

BigG

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 02:47 PM

I'm on as well...

#41 Rhodri

Rhodri

One of the gang!

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 03:31 PM

Count me in too. :blink:
Making light, sound and good conversation.

#42 Stuart

Stuart

BPS Member

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 03:40 PM

If the journy is a bit far, get a train

#43 Rhodri

Rhodri

One of the gang!

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 03:49 PM

Or go by motorbike! :)
Making light, sound and good conversation.

#44 Stuart

Stuart

BPS Member

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 05:13 PM

I want one of them

#45 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 06:56 PM

Well, looks like the people have spoken. Go ahead and post then...
75 : 15: 10... Enough said!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users