17 replies to this topic

#16 Mumbles

Mumbles

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:39 AM

It's fairly safe to say I definitely forgot. It's not an uncommon occurrence for me to get distracted with something else and put it in the back of my mind. I do agree that IPP, while not bad, is definitely not the best reference. You may want to see if you can get the Turbopyro pdf from skylighter. It follows the same kind of format, and is much more well written and planned out. A lot of it is skylighter chemical/tube/supply specific, but you can usually get similar or identical items in most places. About the only lacking thing I find with turbopyro for overseas hobbyists is that it relies on the usage of commercial black powder.

#17 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:49 AM

About the only lacking thing I find with turbopyro for overseas hobbyists is that it relies on the usage of commercial black powder.

Maybe not to much of an issue, other than slowing things down from turbo to normally aspirated
Phew that was close.

#18 MDH

MDH

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 06:37 PM

My ball mill remains outdoors and away from my house. It should also be mentioned that I mill slightly damp, and often test for the chlorates in my chemicals using a tiny amount of indigo carmine. Milling black powder is fairly safe.

Edited by MDH, 19 July 2010 - 06:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users