41 replies to this topic

#1 Pyromaster2003

Pyromaster2003

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 04:11 PM

iv searched around on ggole and such and have also read the yellow pages to try and find a PVC powder supplier. does anyone have a supplir of PVC powder or/and Parlon in the UK?if there is someone who does, could you please PM me or if you dont mind sharing the source with the rest of the forum in a reply. Thanks, Chris

#2 Pyromaster2003

Pyromaster2003

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 04:23 PM

ahha, just as i do one last search i find a PVC powder company - powder coatings. if anyone knows of a Parlon company culd you PM me as said above...

#3 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 29 September 2003 - 01:06 PM

I'm finding this a hard one to track down too.

I have found reference to PVC powder coating but many of these seem to have dyes in them - also not found a retail supplier yet...

one line of experiment I am trying is to use the 'cement' that they use for joining PVC pipes and conduits together as a binder in star compositions. It's made from plastics dissolved in an organic solvent (smells like cyclohexanol). Hard to know how much chlorine it has in it though, as there is no list of ingredients.

Will keep you informed if I make any progress.

PS. could also get plastic powders from Skylighter, as they are able to ship them, however the shipping costs make it very uneconomical.
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#4 Pyromaster2003

Pyromaster2003

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 29 September 2003 - 05:17 PM

coloured PVC powder could be used couldnt it?

#5 Pyromaster2003

Pyromaster2003

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 09:49 AM

Turned out that company who i thought would sell PVC powder didnt!it was Polyvinyl Resin. I have now found a supplier, not too cheap though at ?53.20 a Kg plus VAT and P&P - Total = ?72.32. the company who sells it is the well known lappak.

#6 BigG

BigG

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 10:08 AM

coloured PVC powder could be used couldnt it?

Probably not. Please search. There was a whole discussion about PVC in the past. I also remember a post I made explaining the difference between the PVC most of us use every day and polyvanylchloride that is used in pyro.

BigG

#7 Steve

Steve

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 14 November 2003 - 02:12 PM

When i was trying to pvc powder i found the best way was to ring the compnaies (powder coating ones) and ask them to send you a sample. I got about 3kg just for the price of postage. Parlon, i eventually gave up and bought some from skylighter. However if anyone want to continue my research i ended up chasing people who have stuff to do with coating swimming pools. It has some uses there, need more names though, chlorinated rubber, alloprene (or something like that), chlorinated polymers.

Steve
Inoxia Pyrotechnics - The UK online store for chemicals and other pyrotechnics supplies

#8 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

firework making is my aim, setting off is my game

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 10:14 AM

hi steve do you live in the uk or USA. And if you live in the uk did your order from sky lighter come all right no police or anything. I finde sky lighter pretty dear on some chemicals cause you have to pay e.g if it says for 10lbs $2.00 you have to pay that for every pound. And wat shipping method did you use thanks. :)
fireworks is my aim setting of is the game

#9 Steve

Steve

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 11:39 AM

I live near London in England. The skylighter order was fine, however myself and Richard H put an order together and he had is delivered so i had little to do with the order.
Yes sklylighter is a rip off, but i really couldn't be bothered to spend any more weeks looking for parlon.
Shipping was sea, and it was F*cking slow!

Steve
Inoxia Pyrotechnics - The UK online store for chemicals and other pyrotechnics supplies

#10 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 07:19 PM

Haha, yer it is a rip off I chosen international airmail after you have got like 5 chemicals it is free shipping charges. Fort about discount pyro thou, getting my chemicals from sky lighter came to for like 10 or 12 chemicals ?600 to dear for me. :(

Edited by pyrotechnist, 20 November 2003 - 08:38 PM.

#11 Pazza

Pazza

Not just a pretty face

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 09:20 AM

Er, could you please use punctuation so i can understand you?
Also, could you use a spell check or something because you're really not making sense.

Edited by Pazza, 20 November 2003 - 09:23 AM.

#12 Jerronimo

Jerronimo

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 05:29 PM

Where are you from pyrotechnist?
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

#13 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 06:06 PM

Hor dam type to fast, i live in the UK and. Because I type to fast I get spelling mistakes.

andi have some spelling problems aswell.

--------------------

Edited - Two posts combined -

#14 Steve

Steve

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 06:57 PM

Pyrotechnist, could you please use edit post to add afterthoughts, also please read through your posts because we are trying to build a large archive of answers and the easier to read the better. Also it is frustrating trying to work out what you have written.

Thank you

Steve

#15 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 07:25 PM

I'm looking at a German source of PVC, comes in 25Kilo bags about ?3-4 a kilo pure pvc 99% passes 0.4mm mesh any interest?

Edited by Arthur Brown, 30 November 2003 - 01:42 PM.

http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users