4 replies to this topic

#1 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 12:05 AM

Well, thats today! Current odds are McCain 20-1 , Obama 1-20 , which pretty much sums it up.

Edit- now McCain is 22-1 - around tea time he was 20-1, then later in the evening he was as low as 12-1.

but, put bluntly, odds are that it will be a walkover.

Edited by David, 05 November 2008 - 12:08 AM.

OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#2 Mortartube

Mortartube

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 12:19 AM

Does it matter who gets in? They'll still chew gum, eat McDonalds and think they are the best country in the world (because most of them haven't been to another one). lol
Organisation is a wonderful trait in others

#3 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 12:23 AM

Does it matter who gets in? They'll still chew gum, eat McDonalds and think they are the best country in the world (because most of them haven't been to another one). lol

Well, Obama is about as international as they get- his father was from Kenya, and he spend time growing up abroad. McCain is much more "traditional." Things will change if Obama gets in (it would be a massive surprise if he doesn't), particularly American foreign policy.

Edited by David, 05 November 2008 - 12:23 AM.

OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#4 Fredez

Fredez

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 04:59 AM

Mortartube don't forget one other thing, we colonist's come and save your ass eveytime you get in trouble!!

#5 Frozentech

Frozentech

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 05:16 AM

Mortartube don't forget one other thing, we colonist's come and save your ass eveytime you get in trouble!!

Yup, Obama won. I had rather hoped he would not, since he stated months ago that he intends to double the budget of the CPSC, the agency which has been cutting amateur pyro's off from sources of chems, etc. I think that by the end of his term, fireworks will be much more restricted in general. I think it was an old Chinese curse to say: "may you live in interesting times".

As for visiting other countries, I won't speak for fellow Americans, but I have lived in Greece and Germany, visited the UK to meet relatives in Scotland, toured France, Spain, Italy, Switzerland, Holland, Yugoslavia (before they fragmented it), Japan, the Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia, Australia, Thailand, South Korea, the UAE, Kuwait, and Bahrain. I know I am forgetting someplace... oh yes, Kenya, Belgium, and course Mexico and Canada. Still have not ever seen a country I would rather live in, although the majority of them are very nice in their own ways.

Oh, you folk in the U.K. have a great Guy Fawkes Day !

Edited by Frozentech, 05 November 2008 - 05:19 AM.

"The word unblowupable is thrown around a lot these days, but I think I can say with confidence..."
KAABLAAAMMM!!!
"OK... that shows you what could potentially happen."
--Homer Simpson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users