22 replies to this topic

#16 wjames

wjames

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 01:34 PM

best lot i saw this year was...beleive it or not....the TNT blast zone box from adsa - 2 for £30

Now, i know what some people will say...but in my opinion, for a back garden type display, or even at a communual bonfire firing (lots of them about here) it was pretty good. lots of bursts, many different colours, and effects...Some decent reports, but nothing earth shattering.....Rockets were crap....but other than that it was pretty decent.

what put me off this year was my local "outlet" supplyer....who i am disgusted with.

He started off in october selling decent priced stuff....royal party at a genuine 40% off RRP....a great deal with royal party xxxl, 2 big boss rockets, 1 mid sized 19 shot cake ( the phantom ) and a royal party bonfire selection box.......ALL for £100. a decent deal by all means

By november the 4th....he was selling things at rrp + 40%.....i kid you not....i saw this for £60

http://www.fireworks...pexd.asp?id=254

all the people round here buy from him.....and they all bought that £99 deal......in october.....so on the 5th....it was ACTAULLY the safe stuff that was going off most of the night......all from the same pack, from the same place.

So yes....the safe stuff did put me off !

#17 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 01:41 PM

what put me off this year was my local "outlet" supplyer....who i am disgusted with.

He started off in october selling decent priced stuff....royal party at a genuine 40% off RRP....a great deal with royal party xxxl, 2 big boss rockets, 1 mid sized 19 shot cake ( the phantom ) and a royal party bonfire selection box.......ALL for £100. a decent deal by all means

By november the 4th....he was selling things at rrp + 40%.....i kid you not....i saw this for £60

That is very unusual- Was it a seasonal shop or an all year round shop? Its odd to see people RAISING prices- must have been a busy year for him. I guess fortunes have been very mixed this year!
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#18 wjames

wjames

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 01:46 PM

he raised them, as all the other seasonal places that were local.....started to run out of large cakes, and decent rockets.........

he is supposedly all year round, its a local "warehouse" that supplys all the local corner shops.....and happens to sell fireworks.

he was cashing in on the fact other stores were running out, and he still had a full iso container out the back !

#19 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 02:15 PM

he raised them, as all the other seasonal places that were local.....started to run out of large cakes, and decent rockets.........

he is supposedly all year round, its a local "warehouse" that supplys all the local corner shops.....and happens to sell fireworks.

he was cashing in on the fact other stores were running out, and he still had a full iso container out the back !

So not everyone had a low year then! In some areas seasonal sales were apparantly very slow- although this might be due to strong local competition. Where abouts do you live?

#20 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 02:38 PM

Appologies,........my misunderstanding!

Edited by crystal palace fireworks, 07 November 2008 - 04:32 PM.

#21 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 02:49 PM

Looks like he`s cornered the independant retail market in the Chelmsford area,.....I can`t say I agree with his business philosophy (40% increase at a later date)

STOP!
:ph34r:

He isn't talking about Firework Crazy, he was just posting a link to their website to show what the price SHOULD be.

He hasn't mentioned the shop he is refering to - it is nowhere near Essex.

Edited by David, 07 November 2008 - 02:51 PM.

#22 wjames

wjames

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 03:17 PM

Nothing so simple huh.

Im in sunny scotland.....east.

#23 Floydman

Floydman

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 05:56 PM

Nothing so simple huh.

Im in sunny scotland.....east.

Evening wjames,
I'm in the wee county just over the Kincardine Bridge. Just wondered where your pyro source was ?
Nearest decent stockist I 've come across is in Motherwell - and they are a bit pricey ! Most of my stuff is from down south.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users