• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:02 PM

I had a thread somewhere about obtaining old formula etc, but did not get many replies. Would certainly be very interesting if you you have any contacts who were 'in the trade'. I've recreated alot of old firworks, but by trial and error and my recollection of what the effects were like. Real formula would be great.
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#17 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 06:18 AM

Firefiend,

Wow,......you have some collection there mate.

If you could get hold of some of the formula`s of these old fireworks,........many on here would elect you as our new prime minister tommorow,.........no seriously, many on here would be forever grateful,.........and would even personally pay for this information.

I would even contemplate re-manufacturing in a micro factory and sell these fireworks as a premium product.

Please get back to us if you have any news on the formula front,.........

Thanks for posting pics etc,........keep it coming!

#18 Firefiend

Firefiend

Martin

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 08:42 AM

Hi. I'll see what I can do but it may take a few weeks. Will let you know if I have any luck.

I have managed to build quite a good collection over the six years since I started collecting. I was amazed when I saw an old 1960's firework for sale on eBay and it started from there - I though that they had all gone up in smoke!! Luckily the seller was another collector and gave me a lot of advice about them and over the years I have met several other collectors. I think there is still a lot of old stuff out there in cupboards, attics and sheds, etc. - the problem is finding it, although I've had some great finds over the years. I'm really into collecting the old newspaper / magazine firework adverts at present and have 289 of the 321 which I know about. I guess there are a few more than that which I don't know about, but not a lot, maybe 350 in total.

#19 concept

concept

Complies with BS7114: Part 2 1988...Not

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:02 PM

Re-manufacture of classic British items might actually be profitable, first of all suitable facilities would have to be located or build from scratch. Although paying an established manufacturer such as Kimbolton might be an idea. I'm sure most people on this forum will celebrate the day when all consumer fireworks return to British manufacture, with proper names and "light the blue touchpaper" and “made in England" written on the back. Rather than pathetic BP burst cakes with crackling micro stars filling every possible space, knocked up in some oriental sweat shop. It sounds harsh but I’m sure other members feel the same way!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users