30 replies to this topic

#1 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 12:28 PM

The draw for next years British Musical Fireworks at Southport should have takn place on Wednesday, anyone hear who as lucky enough to get drawn?

#2 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 02:00 AM

A40, Dragonfire, Essex Fireworks, Fantastic Fireworks, Fireworxs Scotland, Selstar fireworks, Star fireworks!
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#3 Rick

Rick

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 10:26 AM

Dates for 2009 are 9th – 11th October.

Competitors have been announced for the 2009 competition after a grand draw at Southport Town Hall was drawn by the Mayor of Sefton.

Dragonfire LTD and Selstar Fireworks will fire on Friday night, A40 Fireworks LTD, Fireworx Scotland, Essex Pyrotechnics will all fire on Saturday and on Sunday Star Fireworks and Fantastic Fireworks will close up another fantastic weekend of pyrotechnic wizardry.

The listing above is in no particular order. Actual firing orders will be confirmed closer to the event.

http://www.visitsout...s-championships

#4 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 08:53 AM

Is there anyone local(ish) to Southport willing and able to find a suitable hotel where those that want can discuss fireworks into the small hours? and preferably in the £ range rather than £££££!
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#5 pyrotrev

pyrotrev

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• UKPS Members
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:23 AM

Avoid all the cheap guest houses in the town centre - very noisy on Fri/Sat nights.
Trying to do something very beautiful but very dangerous very safely....

#6 Night Owl

Night Owl

Shell

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 05:01 PM

Im half hour away from Southport and its the place I work full time so I know all the places:), I'm actually doing the show this year but it would be great to catch up with us like minded people to:)

Arthur PM me if and when help is needed.

#7 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 05:45 PM

Is there anyone local(ish) to Southport willing and able to find a suitable hotel where those that want can discuss fireworks into the small hours? and preferably in the £ range rather than £££££!

Travelodge do some good promotions, typically £19, although I'm not sure if there will be any VERY near, probably more like a short drive away.
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#8 El Fuego Danza

El Fuego Danza

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 07:54 PM

Hi, Arthur,
We stayed at THE GARDEN COURT guest house,
22 Bank Squere, PR9 0DG, for last year's Southport comp.
I only live 20 miles away, but trying to get in and out each night is horrible traffic-wise, so we stay over.
It is basic, but it's clean and comfortable.
You get a good FULL ENGLISH BREAKFAST as well as toast and cereals, and as much tea and coffee as you need!
The rooms are all centrally heated and have T.V and tea/coffee facilities (ie: a kettle and cups).
Most rooms are en-suite at no extra cost, but you would have to check with them direct...

As for us, we have just re-booked for this year as we found Southport VERY DIFFICULT to book accommodation nearer the time.
The location of this guest house is about a 5 minutes walk from the display area and is local enough to the town centre to walk to and from if you wish to visit the pubs and restaraunts etc... but is not so close as to be inconvenient when you want to go to bed.

They don't have their own bar (which keeps it quiet), but they do allow residents to use the breakfast room (with full size T.V.) as late as they like as long as you don't disturb the other guests...
This is ideal for after-dinner relaxation and gossip with your own (much cheaper beer) or even make use of the guest houses own crockery and cutlery if you want to bring back a take-away or put the kettle on, as they do allow this.

Direct contact for the GARDEN COURT... www.gardencourtsouthport.co.uk

To be honnest, I wouldn't stay a week or two, but for a clean, comfortable week-end break, it's enough and it's relatively cheap! About £25/£30 per person per night, but you may get a deal if there a good few of you, or if you're staying all three nights.
Best Regards, Roy.
P.S Let me know where you end up staying, it would be good to meet up with you and yours.

Edited by El Fuego Danza, 13 March 2009 - 08:42 PM.

#9 Night Owl

Night Owl

Shell

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 06:30 PM

Anyone going this year? it starts this friday, I'm firing on the sunday but might watch on saturday:)

#10 Atom Fireworks

Atom Fireworks

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 11:32 AM

Anyone going this year? it starts this friday, I'm firing on the sunday but might watch on saturday:)

Yea i will be coming on saturday, only in manchester so not to far of a drive. You say your firing on the sunday if you need any help setting up or if i could assist in any way then pm me i would only be happy to help, that goes for any of the teams that are there.

Jay

#11 Night Owl

Night Owl

Shell

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 10:20 PM

Hi Jay thanks for the offer but as far as I know the firing teams are all arranged now, I'm supprised theres been no other interest in this topic, seems nobody else here will be attending!

#12 pyromaniac303

pyromaniac303

• UKPS Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:11 AM

I will more than likely be there on the Sunday. May be helping out with Fantastic Fireworks, however I will be walking round in a Fuse Fireworks shirt and jacket so may stand out a bit!
You can never have a long enough fuse...

#13 cooperman435

cooperman435

UKPS Caretaker & Bottlewasher

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 09:09 AM

Im going to try to get down too.

#14 Prestonboi

Prestonboi

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 09:57 AM

I'll be there Saturday and Sunday most likely. :)

Edited by Prestonboi, 07 October 2009 - 09:58 AM.

#15 Dan2310

Dan2310

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 02:07 PM

I should be their Sunday :)

Looking forword to the great Fantastic Fireworks :), who have done quite a few of Liverpools Displays, and they seem a great company, good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users