Ok m8y no problems Jay

#17 Atom Fireworks

Atom Fireworks

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 07:10 AM

Does anybody no who won? i only went on saturday n flash point fireworks easily beat the others that night in my opinion. Any body now how them flares and mini shells where fired onto the lake and then shoot from the water? never seen them before look quite interesting.

#18 Prestonboi

Prestonboi

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 09:40 AM

Last night was cancelled because of the wind but Saturday night was good, good for us in Pleasureland last night though most of the people piled in afterwards!

#19 Atom Fireworks

Atom Fireworks

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 04:02 PM

I have been told that flash point won, not a fair copotition if last nights 2 teams didnt get 2 fire. Posted Image

#20 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 04:04 PM

Safety is paramount, and the cancellation was the only viable decision in these circumstance. I got to St Anne's to watch this, just saw a stream of traffic, which was everyone leaving! Oh well!
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#21 Prestonboi

Prestonboi

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 04:32 PM

It was a shame but the wind was horrible and cold all day, I enjoyed watching Saturday night.

Got to have a walk through the show area about 6pm, those burger vans were a joke, £4 for a Cheeseburger! :lol:

#22 dogsbody

dogsbody

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 11:44 PM

Got to have a walk through the show area about 6pm, those burger vans were a joke, £4 for a Cheeseburger! Posted Image

that was cheap!!

#23 Atom Fireworks

Atom Fireworks

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 06:32 AM

The chippy was just as bad 6.20 for fish chips n peas !!!!!!!!!!! no wonder southports on its arse think al take butties n a flask next time.

#24 jindivik

jindivik

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:56 AM

The chippy was just as bad 6.20 for fish chips n peas !!!!!!!!!!! no wonder southports on its arse think al take butties n a flask next time.

Southport's on it's arse because they overcharge for food on an event that happens once a year? You could say the same that all the music festivals are "on their arses" (which they obviously aren't) because they charge so much for food on site there too? .......... The fireworks and Airshow actually do a lot of good for the town, rather than bad

#25 Prestonboi

Prestonboi

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 09:47 AM

Southport is far from on it's arse, we've had a cracking season in Pleasureland and the town has been doing well. The Burger Vans are a rip off and just turn up for the big events.

#26 pyromaniac303

pyromaniac303

• UKPS Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:32 PM

It was such a shame, spent from 9am til 7pm rigging, it had just all tested OK on the laptop when we were told that it was off! They were discussing the possibility of holding off until the Monday night but as most people were in work the next day it was not an option :(
You can never have a long enough fuse...

#27 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 09:58 PM

I have been told that flash point won, not a fair copotition if last nights 2 teams didnt get 2 fire

It's just the way things sometimes happen, in this industry you have to take the rough with the smooth, Flashpoint staged a cracking display and were head and shoulders above the other displays on the first two nights in my opinion

if the Friday had been called off due to bad weather then they would still have fired on Sat & Sun, it's just unfortunate for the teams that were due to fire on that particular night, very unfortunate.

#28 Atom Fireworks

Atom Fireworks

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 12:02 PM

Well am sorry if have offended any one from southport or involved in the pleasurland area, its just last time i was down there around 6 years ago there was a really good fairground but from what i seen on that night it really is no more than what a band of travellers can do at our local park, infact the local park's fairground is definantly better than southport in my opinion but thats all it is an opinion.

Again sorry if i have raised anyones blood pressure over this. And as for the competion i do understand for safety reasons it was called off, but how can you declare a winner when 2 teams did not get to fire its rediculas. Granted flash point where outstanding and it would take some doing to have beaten them but what if the next two teams where much better? I think it is just a big money scam and even tho the displays are pheonominal i will not be going again for sure.

My 2 pennys worth.

Jay

#29 pyrotrev

pyrotrev

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• UKPS Members
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:41 PM

I've heard rumour that the teams whose show got cancelled on Sunday didn't get paid a penny - if this is true I think it's avery poor show.
Trying to do something very beautiful but very dangerous very safely....

#30 Atom Fireworks

Atom Fireworks

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 08:14 AM

I've heard rumour that the teams whose show got cancelled on Sunday didn't get paid a penny - if this is true I think it's avery poor show.

Yea i totally agree pyrotrev. I was not actually there on that sunday so these next comments are based on what a freind told me as he was there.

He said that they fired a test firework atleast an hour b4 people came through the gates and paid for tickets then once all was inside they announced that due to weather conditions the show has been cancelled. This is fair enough safety paramount but surely they new before they let every one in that it was off. I wonder how much interest was made on that ticket money being in the bank?? And how long will it take for thoses who paid to get a full refund.

If i am totally barking up the wrong tree please do advise me, as it all seems abit ''BENT'' to me.

Jay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users