52 replies to this topic

#16 Matt

Matt

Another Aussie Trying To take Over

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 11:28 AM

I have a more fiddly way of making my igniters, I use bits of steel wool. I get 2 peices of wire (coated) and twist them together with one wire 5mm lower than the other and the ends stripped, then i wrap the steel wool wire stuff around the stripped wire then dip the ends in meal slurry. I pump out about 70 igniters in 45mins. They take fire and explode with a little crack as soon as I push the button on my panel. I like these igniters because they are very small and i can use them for just about anything.

-Matt
Try to run! try to hide! Break on through to the other side!! YYYEEEAAAAOOHHHHHHHHAAAAHHHHHHHH

#17 Matt

Matt

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 11:31 AM

Oh and Ive put the 3 cake videos up on my site. Also a video of a nice little tailed 20mm shell, its my fav out of all the shells ive set off :D You may notice a little change on my site aswell ;)

-Matt
Try to run! try to hide! Break on through to the other side!! YYYEEEAAAAOOHHHHHHHHAAAAHHHHHHHH

#18 Rhodri

Rhodri

One of the gang!

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 02:17 PM

Matt, your site is so good. I really like the videos - good stuff. The mines and cakes are excellent!

You should be very proud of yourself!

Rhod
Making light, sound and good conversation.

#19 Matt

Matt

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 11:35 PM

Thankyou very much! I am proud now :D I only liked my 1 inch mine. The others were absolute rubbish.

-Matt

#20 zanes

zanes

The pimply youth of pyro!!

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 17 October 2003 - 07:51 PM

I'm planning to set off 5-10 spark candles (fountain mix on top rammed onto 2 teaspoons of non-willow bp) (yes i know what your thinking... my first un-restrained candle gave 9 foot recoil!!
:Message Delivered By Zanes:

All your base are belong to us

:/Message delivered by Zanes:

#21 Matt

Matt

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 18 October 2003 - 01:05 PM

Howdy all, Ive had a pretty eventful 2 days. Yesterday I went to a local show to watch the fireworks, was an amazing show but i was rather upsett how there was no big ol' beutiful golden brocade shells or any other nice large charcoal style shells, they had a really nice finale of about 20 smallish golden chrysanthemum which absolutely filled the sky!.

They had loads of timerain which I love, a few crossette shells here and there, quite a few cakes with bee affects. They had a really nice set peice which was a 2-3 meter arc with fountains all ofer it then after about 15 seconds it started spewing out green stars with gold tails every which way, this went on for another 20 seconds. to start the show they had a nice big Ti salute and after the finale they set off another Ti salute.

Enough about other peoples displays, I made myself a 20 piece cake. It had candles, fountains, charcoal swirly things with reports and a few mines at the end. The fountains started off and the candles, as expected were crap because the stars were very fast burning so they didnt even reach the outside of the spark cover, and both of the side fountains stopped a while before the middle one for some reason and they just hissed with no sparks.

After a short time the insert part kicked in. * pop * one swirly goes up.... before it get the time to go bang *ttthhrrrruummppp!* every single bloody tube took fire! Only 4 of the insterts blew up at the end because of being blown blind.

Any way after watching the tape over and over and staring at the debris I came to a conclusion. When you/ if you download the video you will notice that the fontain to the left had actuallt blown its nozzle out when the fuse at the bottom of it lit (to light the next phase) and when it did this it sent up a mist of burning iron and charcoal, as this mist came down to earth it landed onto the cake and passed fire to all the tubes....... Atleast i hope thats why, otherwise ive got a LOT of work to do :(

The video is *here*

Enjoy.

-Matt

#22 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 10:14 AM

Here are some piccies of my bonfire night selection :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#23 Matt

Matt

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 10:19 AM

:blink: holy crap...........
I dont suppose anyone will be getting all that on cam??

-Matt

#24 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 10:24 AM

Hello Matt,

I will get someone to film it with my camera when I'm firing.

#25 PanMaster

PanMaster

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 10:29 AM

wheres the stuff you made? i guess even your devices can go wrong sometimes
Where are the matches?

#26 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 10:36 AM

Not had much time to be honest! Besides, I wanted to try out some of the latest effects coming out of China.

Although I'm firing a little display this Sunday with a fellow pyrotechnist. Doing a big line of titanium whistles linked to 3" Ti maroons ;) LOUD!

#27 Pyromaster2003

Pyromaster2003

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 11:26 AM

woooooow! nice selection there Rich! how much did all that come too?

#28 Matt

Matt

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 12:35 PM

I got dibs on the spent tubes :rolleyes: haha

#29 zanes

zanes

The pimply youth of pyro!!

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 05:25 PM

looks like I'll be fusing 2 cat 3 selection boxes together, with 5 cat 3 rockets (star ejector) as a finale. Also plan on 2 BIG fountains, with some homemade rockets (if i can get the nozzles right- ended up throwing a tube along with its cat lit 'nozzle' attached to a mandrel across the garage yesterday- sunday)

btw: found some willow by the side of the road and we (me + dad) got a primus stove going after years on sunday- safe!!

bttw: neighbour gave me a big, solid wooden chest on saturday- in it now resides all of my chems, some fuse, pyro tools and my chainmail former, links, and bits of contructed mail- double safe!!
:Message Delivered By Zanes:

All your base are belong to us

:/Message delivered by Zanes:

#30 Stuart

Stuart

BPS Member

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 06:00 PM

Richard realy, you have gone over the top. Is there realy the need for that much. But I have to hand it to you, you know how to put on a display :D

Stuart

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users