Photo

How to make a cheap remote detonation system?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bowerz

Bowerz

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 10:26 AM

Hi, i've been looking at making and electronic remote detonation box (at the moment it's more like red to red, black to black, twist 'em together and stand well back!). Have any of you guys had any experiance in this and how did you guy about it. The components need to be fairly cheap or available from old electronic products you may have. I am a decent solderer so that wouldn't be a problem and my brother is a sparky. I also already have developed a bridge wire etc. just need the switch box. It needs to run on 12v OR 9v but i would need an ignition system the other end. I will primerily be lighting KNO3 rockets and visco/flying fish fuse.

Thanks!

#2 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 03:27 PM

I hate to be pedantic, but many of the people here will cringe when you mention detonation systems and refer to them as such :). If you are seeking to build an electronic firing system, there has been much discussion on this in the past.

One thing I would say is do not compromise system safety or reliability for the sake of reducing cost. You cannot put a price on your personal safety.

One such thread is linked below:

http://www.pyrosocie...l=firing system

#3 Bowerz

Bowerz

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 04:42 PM

I hate to be pedantic, but many of the people here will cringe when you mention detonation systems and refer to them as such :) . If you are seeking to build an electronic firing system, there has been much discussion on this in the past.

One thing I would say is do not compromise system safety or reliability for the sake of reducing cost. You cannot put a price on your personal safety.

One such thread is linked below:

http://www.pyrosocie...l=firing system

Sorry about that! I'm new to pyro in depth! I don't want to compromise safety but just to make it as cheap as possible for it to work and be safe. Thanks for the link.

#4 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 06:01 PM

The word "Detonate" brings out the worst in members of this place as the boss says.

Remember that pyro is NOT a cheap hobby. Even travelling to a decent commercial show can be £50 and the ticket another £20. Immediately please STOP trying to do it on the cheap; Learn -books are cheap and can be reused, Research -forums like this give assistance for free. Then you can look at simple safe experiments.

Missing limbs or liberty are seriously more expensive than you should spend on any hobby.
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users