Photo

FREE Display Training from Absolutely Fabulous Fireworks!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 teaboy

teaboy

Ejects Stars and Bangs

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:57 AM

Our 2009 series of FREE training sessions are about to start! At these sessions you'll see how we set up and hand-fire small Cat 3 displays in a safe manner without compromising on the show quality. We use the same techniques for larger shows too.

Our next dates are:

Saturday 11th April - Prospect Park, Reading - 7pm start

Saturday 18th April - Uxbridge Common, Uxbridge - 7pm start

Places are fairly limited, so if you'd like to attend either or both, please let me know via email or call the office on 0208 896 2866.

More sessions will follow later in the year.

Dan

#2 fruitfulsteve

fruitfulsteve

• UKPS Members
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 01:13 AM

Our 2009 series of FREE training sessions are about to start! At these sessions you'll see how we set up and hand-fire small Cat 3 displays in a safe manner without compromising on the show quality. We use the same techniques for larger shows too.

Our next dates are:

Saturday 11th April - Prospect Park, Reading - 7pm start

Saturday 18th April - Uxbridge Common, Uxbridge - 7pm start

Places are fairly limited, so if you'd like to attend either or both, please let me know via email or call the office on 0208 896 2866.

More sessions will follow later in the year.

Dan

count me in for uxbridge
Yo Ho Ho, a pyro's life for me

#3 teaboy

teaboy

Ejects Stars and Bangs

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 11:13 AM

Dates/Venues for May:

Saturday 9th - Pinkneys Green, Maidenhead
Saturday 16th - West Wycombe
Saturday 30th - Hayes

These sessions are run as part of live shows and are very much hands-on. It won't take all day - typically we'll be on-site from 7pm, firing at 10pm.

If you'd like to come along, please let me know:
Email: Here
Phone: 0208 896 2866

#4 Firework Crazy

Firework Crazy

Firework Crazy

• UKPS Advertisers
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 03:40 PM

Dan.

You say these are CAT3 shows, but if there part of live shows then I would assume they are CAT4?
Regards.

Mark

Posted Image

#5 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 04:21 PM

I guess if there are no shells, no fusing of items, no electric firing etc etc then its a Cat3 display, however if that's the case then the opportunity to learn new skills etc will be limited.

#6 teaboy

teaboy

Ejects Stars and Bangs

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 03:28 PM

I guess if there are no shells, no fusing of items, no electric firing etc etc then its a Cat3 display, however if that's the case then the opportunity to learn new skills etc will be limited.

That's sort-of correct, although 'learning new skills' is relative to where you're starting from! The shows are hand-fired using Cat-3 material (although in effect you're lighting a fuse - what the fuse is connected to is somewhat irrelevent), and can be used by those attending to hone their skills for their home displays, or to join us on future shows fired in a similar way using Cat 3 & 4.

No disrespect to ANYONE out there, but I'd be unhappy giving Cat 4 (especially shells) to people I hadn't met before! Come along, see how we do things, and if both parties are happy to do more we'll happily take you out on bigger shows.

#7 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:18 PM

but I'd be unhappy giving Cat 4 (especially shells) to people I hadn't met before!

No one was suggesting you gave Cat4 material to anyone?

I agree that learning skills is all relative however I would just guess that most people who frequent a website such as this or UKFR would already be quite comfortable/skilled/knowledgeable regarding retail material and would be looking for a little extra :)

#8 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:26 PM

Competence and people's interpretation is hard to fathom! One company gave me 10 hours of fusing cat4 for a show, another told me that they didn't trust me unsupervised with a portfire and cat2. Both for the Nov 5th week 2008.
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#9 teaboy

teaboy

Ejects Stars and Bangs

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 11:47 AM

At the end of the day IF anything goes wrong it's the company concerned that will take the full force. Surely it's better to act with caution to begin with? ANYONE is welcome to come to our sessions, from experienced pyros on here to those who do 1 show a year in their garden and get scared when Cat 3 fireworks say 'Display Firework' on the side.

I certainly can't tell the difference at first glance/over an internet forum.

There IS plenty extra to learn, just not in the first couple of sessions! B)

#10 Jack Davies

Jack Davies

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:10 AM

At the end of the day IF anything goes wrong it's the company concerned that will take the full force. Surely it's better to act with caution to begin with? ANYONE is welcome to come to our sessions, from experienced pyros on here to those who do 1 show a year in their garden and get scared when Cat 3 fireworks say 'Display Firework' on the side.

I certainly can't tell the difference at first glance/over an internet forum.

There IS plenty extra to learn, just not in the first couple of sessions! B)

Hi,
I am really interested in pyrotechnics and it would be great if I could attend one of your display training evenings but I am 13 years old. I was wondering if I could attend one of the evening sessions, as I would really like to fire displays professionally? If yes is there a meeting near Birmingham?

Thanks Jack

#11 portfire

portfire

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:21 AM

Hi Jack and welcome.

Hate to be the one, but as you may know you have to be 18 to buy, handle, and shoot fireworks. I'm not sure where you stand just lugging racks and such for a display company for the next 5 years though, could be insurance problems, anyone??
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage

#12 teaboy

teaboy

Ejects Stars and Bangs

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:56 AM

Dates/Venues for June:

Saturday 6th - Dulwich, SE21
Saturday 13th - Dulwich, SE21 (again)
Saturday 27th - Stoke Newington, N16

These sessions are run as part of live shows and are very much hands-on. It won't take all day - typically we'll be on-site from 7.30pm, firing at 10pm.

If you'd like to come along, please let me know:
Email: Click here.
Phone: 0208 896 2866

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users