51 replies to this topic

#31 Jerronimo

Jerronimo

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 26 November 2003 - 07:32 PM

it went to a nice height and made a good report. That?s what they do in firework company's one bunker does the rocket mortars and the other does the shell and then it goes and gets all its designs done. Were do you liv in the UK or USA to get thoes chemicals for your fireworks.

First of all I would like to note that I don't live in the UK or USA, I live in The netherlands(yeh yeh I know windmills,gouda cheese,drugs,tulips).

You ask me where I get those chemicals, well they are pretty standard, kno3,sulfer and charcoal is not very hard to get.

I just made another vid. the rocket went straight up and had an even louder report
and a nice (allmost) symetricall break :D .

I know BP is not the best composition to break small shells but I find H3 to risky with sulfur containing stars.
By the way, I use granulated BP troughout the whole shell(no inner flash)and as you see it performs pretty good.
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

#32 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

firework making is my aim, setting off is my game

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 26 November 2003 - 07:45 PM

cool nice work thou on the last rocket this one is better are you putting the vid up on the forum. I was kutting some paper shapes out for my shells today how many years ago did you start pyro i started 2 years.
fireworks is my aim setting of is the game

#33 Jerronimo

Jerronimo

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 26 November 2003 - 07:58 PM

I would like to put the video up on the forum but this isn't possible.
Maybe BigG can subtitute my latest video for the first video I made:unsure: .
first video

I started this hobby about half a year ago.

Paper shapes out of your shells? I don't understand.
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

#34 lord_dranack

lord_dranack

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 26 November 2003 - 08:15 PM

Paper shapes out of your shells

I assume they are cut to paste on a former

#35 Matt

Matt

Another Aussie Trying To take Over

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 27 November 2003 - 01:43 AM

Big G, no shock at all. Your a very talented guy. The first thing I read was the maltese multibreak how to. Im just fascinated with the maltese and their fireworks.
After reading a few shell articles I suddenly feel the urge to buy posterboard.....

-Matt
Try to run! try to hide! Break on through to the other side!! YYYEEEAAAAOOHHHHHHHHAAAAHHHHHHHH

#36 BigG

BigG

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 27 November 2003 - 10:37 AM

Kyle attempted an eight break Maltese shell 4 times now. The poor guy. The amount of work and composition that go into each one of those shells, just to see them blown to pieces. I know that a small five-inch shell flower-potting get me discouraged (ask Adam how he felt when a 16 inch shell he fired flower potted last year), but he just go back and try it again. Guess that's why he got the Grand Master Builder title this year again…

Edited by BigG, 27 November 2003 - 10:37 AM.

#37 Matt

Matt

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 27 November 2003 - 10:48 AM

Hell I got upsett when my 2 break 1.5 inch shell flower potted. I cant even begin to imagine how pissed off I would be If I put the time, effort and chems into an 8 break shell or a 16 inch shell.... I'd probably lock myself away and eat icecream for a few years........

-Matt

Edited by Matt, 27 November 2003 - 10:49 AM.

Try to run! try to hide! Break on through to the other side!! YYYEEEAAAAOOHHHHHHHHAAAAHHHHHHHH

#38 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 27 November 2003 - 07:33 PM

Hehe, but it WAS fun. Nice to have fired the world's biggest mine too.
75 : 15: 10... Enough said!

#39 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 27 November 2003 - 07:43 PM

It was something worth witnessing :-) You could feel the earth shake when she blew in the tube.

#40 Jerronimo

Jerronimo

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 27 November 2003 - 08:07 PM

Hello everybody,

I made another video of one of my rockets with ballshell it has an louder report and breaks just at peak height.
Just have a look:round shell 2 and tell me what you think.

#41 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 27 November 2003 - 08:46 PM

Cool a bit low on the blast thou I think a bit higher. But really good nice blast again how much gunpowder did you stack in there how many stars to better than last time but not has high. :D

#42 Jerronimo

Jerronimo

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 04:37 PM

I must say that I'm pretty satisfied with the height.

The total shell weighs about 160 gram and I use about 60 6to8 mm stars.

#43 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 07:44 PM

Could have just been the video but was really cool I enjoyed it. :rolleyes:

<< ADDED BY ADMINISTRATOR >>

Look kids! This is how ~NOT~ to post. It seems like every other post is from this user.

Please stop it with these little tit-bit posts!

#44 Matt

Matt

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 29 November 2003 - 01:50 AM

Yay! I made my very first 3 driver pinwheel! I even chucked a few little crackers for an explosive finnish :D

I did tape it but my camera is retarded.... the video is very skippy and there is no sound. But oh well, i'll definately be making more so there will be another chance.

Posted Image

-Matt

*edit* Cheers Stuart for hosting the pic, why must geocities be so retarded

Edited by Matt, 29 November 2003 - 08:08 AM.

#45 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 08:02 PM

:D I have made a great display shell which went 30 or 40 feet in the air it made a nice report and a good break released a lot of stars to I put like 12 or 13 stars in there. I decorate a lot of my fireworks with a picture on the front and did the same to this one. I have had some incidences were my fireworks have not gone high enough and blasted like 3 to 5 feet of the ground and shook the flour and set the alarm off. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users