7 replies to this topic

#1 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 02:52 PM

Just a heads up- Fireworks Magazine issue 56 is due out , this is the edition that will remain current through this years fireworks "season."

Fireworks 56

One piece I'm interested in reading is "Chris Pearce wonders if the magic has gone from retail fireworks," something I have wondered about myself (although I'm not sure i'd agree that the magic has gone.)

But yeah- well worth checking out!
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#2 Mixologist

Mixologist

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 02:57 PM

I`m quite excited about this one as some of my collection of 30`s standard is in it, look out for what we believe to be the only helicopter with wooden wings!! Along with a unique fido`s dog kennel!

#3 starseeker

starseeker

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 06:27 PM

Just a heads up- Fireworks Magazine issue 56 is due out , this is the edition that will remain current through this years fireworks "season."

Fireworks 56

One piece I'm interested in reading is "Chris Pearce wonders if the magic has gone from retail fireworks," something I have wondered about myself (although I'm not sure i'd agree that the magic has gone.)

But yeah- well worth checking out!

I am looking forward to it dropping through my letter box.

#4 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 06:51 PM

Hopefully you will also find a piece by me entitled 'UKPS goes from strength to strength' and an insert encouraging you to join the UKPS!
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#5 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

firework making is my aim, setting off is my game

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 09:43 AM

I remember seeing an old standard firework when at their factory. It was basically a drum type looking mine or fountain with two small drum sticks on top of it held down by string. Looked like a novelty firework. Has anyone heard of these?
fireworks is my aim setting of is the game

#6 Mixologist

Mixologist

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 03:17 PM

I remember seeing an old standard firework when at their factory. It was basically a drum type looking mine or fountain with two small drum sticks on top of it held down by string. Looked like a novelty firework. Has anyone heard of these?

Yes...

When i got fido`s dog kennel there was this one also. It went to the other chap with me.... i hadn`t enough lolly for the whole set. My pics have been put onto the next issue 57 so you will see that there due to a lack of space in this bumper packed issue! If i can get a picture of the drum and a few others, there is a bird house a castle and some soldier table boms too.... Maybe Mr Bennet will put them in, you never know!!

#7 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

firework making is my aim, setting off is my game

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 07:50 PM

What did them devices do?
fireworks is my aim setting of is the game

#8 Mixologist

Mixologist

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 09:28 PM

They were basically the same as modern day party table boms... They went pop and lots of streamers pressies etc came out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users