CLO3 BINDING

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 fruitfulsteve

fruitfulsteve

• UKPS Members
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 12:14 PM

I now have a blue that i'm fairly happy with, it contains kclo3,cuocl,lactose,and dextrin. I'm just off to make a batch of stars and was toying with the idea of using hairspray or starch spray(the stuff you for ironing) to dampen the mix as i roll them.

Is their any reason i shouldn't do this?

I do realise i could just use water but i'm just interested to see if either of these work.
Yo Ho Ho, a pyro's life for me

#2 50AE

50AE

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 02:02 PM

I can't see why you shouldn't spray it with normal water ?

#3 fruitfulsteve

fruitfulsteve

• UKPS Members
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 02:42 PM

Experimentation, perhaps a faster drying time or stronger star i'm not sure yet i just like to try these things.
I tested the PH of the starch and it's between 7 and 8 so no acidity problems, i'm just about to test the hairspray.

#4 Pretty green flames

Pretty green flames

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 05:28 PM

Experimentation, perhaps a faster drying time or stronger star i'm not sure yet i just like to try these things.
I tested the PH of the starch and it's between 7 and 8 so no acidity problems, i'm just about to test the hairspray.

Look at it from this perspecitve, water is FREE, hair spray is NOT, and since you already got dextrin in there, there's no need to use some pricey stuff. And above all, if there are any sodium salts in the hair spray you can kiss your blue star goodbye.

#5 fruitfulsteve

fruitfulsteve

• UKPS Members
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 06:45 PM

I think your right, they have been drying for a couple of hours and their still not dried, when they have i'll send a few skyward and find out if i've ruined them!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users