• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 RegimentalPyro

RegimentalPyro

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 07:49 PM

I would certainly recommend Radio 4. This snippet alone [from last Sat] made me spray cornflakes all over the radio. [Realplayer required]

rtsp://rmv8.bbc.net.uk/radio4/live/today2_20031101.ra?start="00:21:37.4"&end="00:26:13.8"

When I played it to my wife [Jo] I think she ruptured something.......

When combined with the BBC's news site I get all the objective info I need. Good old Beeb!

#17 BigG

BigG

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 08:33 PM

All papers have only one primary aim - to sell papers. The Mail writes what Mail readers want to read, the Guardian writes what Guardian readers want to read. I have had articles written about several things I have done and not one has ever reflected the facts.

All involve the production of vast quantities of ink and wood pulp that would be better off as Trees.

Try Radio 4.

Incidentally I bought a pack of commercial fireworks and opened a few up. Some were 90% air, with a 12mm tube packed inside a 50mm tube, some were 3/4 full of sawdust.

Ah ye :) go blame the law for it. Larger packaging means the item is more stable if you fail to put in into the ground? Sawdust is sometimes used as a delay mechanises instead of time fuse. Still, lots of it is just cheating you into thinking it?s powerful?

#18 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

firework making is my aim, setting off is my game

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 08 November 2003 - 08:13 PM

Yer i think a lot of firewroks are a rip off because they do not say much in the effects part, eg effects: Ejects showers of sparks. Total crap it should say effects: Ejects showers of red, green, blue, stars to colourd showers of sparks. And the news paper got the insident of my grandads thumbe being bit by a dog which he bort it was mental and the things we put in they said it wrong. :angry:
fireworks is my aim setting of is the game

#19 zanes

zanes

The pimply youth of pyro!!

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 09 November 2003 - 11:55 AM

Well all this new law could be good. Some chinese guy at my school got a firework thrown at him in the village. Could have been very nasty.

Gor- I would imagine it will be somewhere in the stroud new + journal next week.
:Message Delivered By Zanes:

All your base are belong to us

:/Message delivered by Zanes:

#20 Pyromaster2003

Pyromaster2003

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 09 November 2003 - 01:25 PM

me and my mates had loads of exploding rockets that shoot stars thrown at us last halloween.

#21 crazyjim

crazyjim

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 November 2003 - 03:48 PM

I am in the process of reading the Rev.Ron Lancaster book from Kimbolton Fireworks. Bit of an expensive book at ?85 ! but a good read.

I read in there that in Mexico, they adorn a wheel barrow with a paper mache effigy of an animal, attach fountains, firecrackers and pin wheels, then light the lot and give control of the barrow to a small child to push thorough a crowd !

... and the British are going to ban sparklers in public places... how wet are we becoming as a nation ?

#22 Stuart

Stuart

BPS Member

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 09 November 2003 - 04:54 PM

Or how stupid is Mexico. You forget that Mexicans are orgionaly Spanish. The Spanish do all sorts of things whether it be cruel to animals or do dangerous things.

Stuart

#23 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

firework making is my aim, setting off is my game

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 09 November 2003 - 08:51 PM

awer countries industery got sold off by magrat thature bitch :angry: . She sold most of the UK things and this country is dear to.
fireworks is my aim setting of is the game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users