searching threads

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_PyroPDC_*

Guest_PyroPDC_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2009 - 11:04 PM

1st time iv used the search bar since the new software upgrade and i cant seem to get it to work like it used to. could anyone advise me what im doing wrong or is it just the way the new software works ?

eg.

i try searching "lead shot" and instead of finding threads with both lead and shot in it, instead it finds threads with just lead or just shot. after all 8 pages i still cant find any threads. which i know there must be loads of since i remember searching on the old software, iv also tried "star cores" with the same results

i looked under the advanced search but nothing there giving a and / or option. But i seem to remeber the old software finding all threads with all search words before listing threads with only some of the words.

Edited by PyroPDC, 01 August 2009 - 11:05 PM.

#2 cooperman435

cooperman435

UKPS Caretaker & Bottlewasher

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 02:09 AM

I believe using " " to enclose your search criteria will do as you want and find the exact quote not any of it.

#3 teaboy

teaboy

Ejects Stars and Bangs

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 11:36 AM

Is there a way that the Seach will bring up threads rather than individual posts? It's harder to find stuff if you search for 'Flash' and get 8 pages of results, but only about 3 different topics.

#4 Guest_PyroPDC_*

Guest_PyroPDC_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2009 - 12:14 PM

Is there a way that the Seach will bring up threads rather than individual posts? It's harder to find stuff if you search for 'Flash' and get 8 pages of results, but only about 3 different topics.

just found out (which sort of helps me out aswell) clicked advanced button (next to search button) then click "Search titles only" type what you want to search then click perform the search

Edited by PyroPDC, 07 August 2009 - 12:15 PM.

#5 Guest_PyroPDC_*

Guest_PyroPDC_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2009 - 12:17 PM

I believe using " " to enclose your search criteria will do as you want and find the exact quote not any of it.

thanks for that, i also found (and admin could you change maybe) after searching theres a button that by default its says sort by date which needs changing to search by relevance

Edited by PyroPDC, 07 August 2009 - 12:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users