#1 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 02:59 PM

The current forum rule is that -

"Posting of any form of advertising, promotions, or links to incite commercial gain are forbidden. Posts outside the scope of this forum shall be deleted"

I'd suggest that to make this simpler, any direct links to Firework Shops are prohibited, unless through the official advertising scheme.
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#2 Guest_PyroPDC_*

Guest_PyroPDC_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2009 - 03:16 PM

The current forum rule is that -

"Posting of any form of advertising, promotions, or links to incite commercial gain are forbidden. Posts outside the scope of this forum shall be deleted"

I'd suggest that to make this simpler, any direct links to Firework Shops are prohibited, unless through the official advertising scheme.

but posting links to firework shops ect is fine unless its for commercial gain or you are linked to the business in some kind of way. (rules seem easy to understand at the moment)

#3 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 03:41 PM

On another forum, which doesn't officially allow advertising, there is a guy called from France who has posted under about 15 different "aliases" all pretending to be happy customers who visited his shop. You can tell it's him because the forum publishes location by ISP, not just given location.

The thing with this board is that the system allows for annonymous posting. As such, unless someone's identity is verified, it may or may not be the case that any links that post are to their own shops
On potential issue is These chaps

Edited by David, 14 September 2009 - 05:55 PM.

#4 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 01:58 PM

Personally I find it is quite easy to tell the difference between someone posting an advert, and someone for example posting a recommendation. I don't think we need to change the policy, unless it clearly becomes a huge problem.

#5 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 06:29 PM

Personally, I think that links to shops websites that just say "here is what this shop sells" are a bad idea. For sure , if people are making sincere personnal recommendations, or constructive points about the merits of various items, it's different.

Edited by David, 08 October 2009 - 06:31 PM.

#6 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 06:46 PM

Just to add- I've put forward my suggestions- I won't pursue this topic futher, and I'll leave editting to the discretion of moderators. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users