• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 09:36 AM

In the context of your original point of enquiry, my interpretation of MSER is;- As long as the other container is used for storage of inert materials, and does not contain inflammable substances in quantity (say the farmer wanted to process chip shop oil/diesel for his tractor), then it would be difficult for the local trading standards officer to object to another container sited next to your firework container.

What about pesticides / fertilisers as it has to be associated with a farms business or it will need planning permission anyway. It is certainly a tricky one.

I would not want a container of pyro next to anything I was storing in another container esp. if it has any value. I guess you should think of the worst case scenario and you will probably do the right thing (basically do a risk assessment/hazard study to show due diligence).
Phew that was close.

#17 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:20 PM

What about pesticides / fertilisers as it has to be associated with a farms business or it will need planning permission anyway. It is certainly a tricky one.

I would not want a container of pyro next to anything I was storing in another container esp. if it has any value. I guess you should think of the worst case scenario and you will probably do the right thing (basically do a risk assessment/hazard study to show due diligence).

Excellent points Digger,.....fertiliser/pesticides stored next to or in a shipping container near a fireworks storage container would be a no no for me from the start anyway, as they probably could be considered decomposing materials (give off gas) and therefore are not inert materials in the obvious sense.

In my opinion, storage of any materials placed next or close to a firework storage container need to be seperated by a barrier of some kind where land space is at a premium.

It go`s to show that there is a need for more clarity in the MSER rules in general,....as a society, we need to disscuss the variables before we approach the HSE on whats best for the hobbist pyro makers for better/appropriate legislation.

Edited by crystal palace fireworks, 08 January 2010 - 12:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users