• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 09:02 PM

Every year there seem to be less back garden firework parties on November the 5th.

When I was a kid, pretty much every other garden had a display, now maybe 1 in 20.

If this dies out, then the anti firework lobby have won by default!

So if you don't usually have a display (shame on you) have one this year invite lots of friends and family, and don't let the tradition die out.
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#2 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 09:26 PM

Yep, I agree with that totally.

There ARE some really good Cat 2 fireworks available, too- just avoid the S*permarkets!

People do seem to be using fireworks less at home now on the 5th, not sure why.

It's quite rare that I use fireworks in my back garden, maybe only once or twice a... night! ;)

Edited by David, 22 September 2009 - 09:27 PM.

OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#3 Mortartube

Mortartube

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:23 AM

I always have fireworks in the back garden on the 5th. Wouldn't be the same without them :)
Organisation is a wonderful trait in others

#4 portfire

portfire

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:47 AM

I don't think theres a year gone by where I haven't fired something, whether it be in the garden or in a field. As Mortartube said, wouldn't be the same without them
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage

#5 dogsbody

dogsbody

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 11:19 AM

I am normally out doing a carnival, so dont :( but hopefully will be doing something this year (normally try and do something around then tho.)

#6 starseeker

starseeker

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 07:14 PM

[quote name='phildunford' date='22 September 2009 - 10:02 PM' timestamp='1253653325' post='59376']
Every year there seem to be less back garden firework parties on November the 5th.

When I was a kid, pretty much every other garden had a display, now maybe 1 in 20.

So if you don't usually have a display (shame on you) have one this year invite lots of friends and family, and don't let the tradition die out.
[
/quote]

I dare say this is the highlight of the year for most of us,i have been haveing a display for friends and family for the last 28 years,roll on the 5th :D

#7 Atom Fireworks

Atom Fireworks

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 06:12 PM

[quote name='starseeker' date='23 September 2009 - 07:14 PM' timestamp='1253733285' post='59403']
[quote name='phildunford' date='22 September 2009 - 10:02 PM' timestamp='1253653325' post='59376']

[
/quote]

I dare say this is the highlight of the year for most of us,i have been haveing a display for friends and family for the last 28 years,roll on the 5th Posted Image
[/quote]

Yea i agree, down at my dads his neighbours allways give us sh*t on bonny night they should be lucky he cant get hold of shells no more, gone are the days of 5 inch salute shells to really piss em off. But rain or shine theres allways a flash bang an whistle coming form our house, my dads 43 n he has a fit if he cant let summut off last new year we were abit cash strapped so no bangs, was the most depressing new yr for me and the old man, but this year we are back bigger an better than ever... keep your cats and dogs indoors manchester cos the night on the fith ov november is pyros night .......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users