• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 gandelff

gandelff

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 01:59 PM

seymour i think you may of hit the nail on the head there fella, it might be my burst charge is insufficent rather than my booster,i have sone grass seeds, coated in bp that might be more suitable, as i have never really paid that much attention to the filling( burst charge ) i have always occupied my thoughts to the booster thinking that this is the break charge, i will do some research and experimentation and get back to you but i definatly think that this could be the reason for not getting the shell to break clean in halve, oh before i disappear,

the break in my shells get ignited from the fuse running from the end of the rocket motor fuel , through the bulkhead of clay and into the bottom of the shell, obviously its very hot and ignites the bottom of the break charge almost as soon as it enters the shell, should i differ this arrangement to quick match instead so i can try to light the top part of the break charge too or is it all happening so fast that it wont make any differtance

#17 seymour

seymour

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 10:52 PM

With large shells, perhaps six inches and larger it makes quite a big difference if the contents are ignited from the centre or from the shell wall. With smaller shells it makes much less of a difference, though it will have some effect. Shells three inches and smaller, I personally do not bother, and get quite good results.

So, while with little shells it may be negligible, piping the flame to the centre of the shell can not hurt.
The monkey leaped off it's sunny perch and flew off into the night sky.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users