Is Staking Necessary?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 fruitfulsteve

fruitfulsteve

• UKPS Members
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:00 PM

I allways stake/tape everything.Cakes with large/long projectiles like tourbillions have a tendency to push the clay bungs out from the bottom of the tube as they fire the effect out of the top this can easily cause the unstaked cake to fall over or even somersault firing the rest of the effects in all directions.
Staking is a lot easier than making everyone in the audience wear full safety gear. :D
Yo Ho Ho, a pyro's life for me

#17 Prestonboi

Prestonboi

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 06:37 PM

I normally use plant pots and bricks, however I will be using some stakes this year. :)

#18 TGR

TGR

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 02:31 PM

I normally use plant pots and bricks, however I will be using some stakes this year. Posted Image

I saw the remnants of an old BS Proton Bomb (the twin shotter) that had been buried in a large garden-planter. All would have been fine and dandy had the numpty setting it off not buried it upside down. He even made a channel in the soil to get at the fuse. (my belief is that it was done deliberatley rather than by accident)

as the first burst fired it popped the firework out of the pot, it then fired the second protectile (luckily away from the firer) at which point the first protectile blew up in the bottom of the planter....................

.......................GRENADE Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users