• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#61 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:47 PM

Yes, as above RS Stock No. 543-8040 is a single chip with four connections 24v in and an isolated 5vDC out so no need to try to make an inverter and then rebuild it just buy the chip and solder it into the board.
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#62 CCH Concepts

CCH Concepts

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 10:33 AM

sorry aurther i missed your post, yes that exactly the sort of thing i was thinking about.

#63 cooperman435

cooperman435

UKPS Caretaker & Bottlewasher

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:07 PM

Bump on an old thread but Im currently trying to find a home for both my old firing system and a large number of system parts for the one I built afterwards.

The old system haseverything needed to fire reasonably large wedding type displays:

Ohmage reading of individual cues for testing purposes and all wiring.
50m (I think) main cable to first 2 firing slats (28 cues therefore 1 to 28)
secondry wire is duplicate of first with only 20m (again I think)
2 third chanel slats with cables (short) which plug into the first slats to give cues 29 to 42 at either or both of the other slat positions.
an equally well built 3,4 or 5 position seriesed set with A-H (8 cues) to be used at the front of a show for firing multiple effects at the same time

the system uses audio connectors with extention wires to enable displays to be pre fused and simply plugged in on site. I have a HUGE pile of wires made up already and can sell them with it as well if wanted.

Made to a very high spec with waterproof and military spec connectors on exposed parts

In total there is over £1000 in the system plus work but I have no hope or expectaitions of getting anything close to that back. Offers in the region of £250 would be great and Ill hapilly post pictures if anyone is interested

The other parts are plastic boxes with audio sockets wired in sets of 16 that use a multiplexed system to allow you to fire 16 cues through an 8 core cable (cat 5 is suitable) so if anyone wants a small system (expandable to extra boxes if needed) please let me know, again I dont expect to get my money back but as each box costs £22 to make in materials alone I would really like around £12.50 ish for them each, there are currently 13 of them left. pictures on request if anyones interested

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users