• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dave

dave

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 07:21 PM

can anyone suggest a suitable "star " composition that could be used as the delay in a bombette ?
preferably none chlorate but easily ignitable from bp lift.

i might also bind with a small amount of resorcinol resin,

dave321

#2 T-sec

T-sec

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:42 PM

can anyone suggest a suitable "star " composition that could be used as the delay in a bombette ?
preferably none chlorate but easily ignitable from bp lift.

i might also bind with a small amount of resorcinol resin,

dave321

Why don't take one of the cheapest? Add some dextrin and titanium or aluminium to blackpowder and press this 10% wet from 50/50 alcohol/water in to a spolette/cardboard roll.
It gives a nice silver tail on to your bombert(tes).

Edited by T-sec, 30 January 2010 - 10:42 PM.

#3 MDH

MDH

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 12:54 AM

Tiger tail. It burns fast.

#4 dave

dave

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 02:06 PM

Tiger tail. It burns fast.

sounds good, i'll give it a try...............any coloured ones i could use as well

thanks

dave321

#5 seymour

seymour

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 02:51 PM

sounds good, i'll give it a try...............any coloured ones i could use as well

thanks

dave321

If you are going to be using colours don't worry about it being easily ignited, because you are going to have to prime them if you want any measure of reliability.

I would degfinitely suggest either blues, or magnalium fueled colours for brightness and so you can get a fast burn and therefore a good flame. Do you need formulas for specific colours?

For priming I suggest doing something like a pillbox star, and embed some blackmatch in the composition. Obviously since the composition is going to act as a delay you don't want bloackmatch right through it, so just stick a piece or two a few milimetres in to the composition before consolidating it fully.
The monkey leaped off it's sunny perch and flew off into the night sky.

#6 dave

dave

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 06:08 PM

If you are going to be using colours don't worry about it being easily ignited, because you are going to have to prime them if you want any measure of reliability.

I would degfinitely suggest either blues, or magnalium fueled colours for brightness and so you can get a fast burn and therefore a good flame. Do you need formulas for specific colours?

For priming I suggest doing something like a pillbox star, and embed some blackmatch in the composition. Obviously since the composition is going to act as a delay you don't want bloackmatch right through it, so just stick a piece or two a few milimetres in to the composition before consolidating it fully.

hi, yes, formulas are always useful and would be appreciated, pm if preffered
whats the feeling for blackmatch in a perchlorate comp ?

dave321

#7 seymour

seymour

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 08:09 PM

Did I ever PM you comps? I do apologise if I did not.

BM should be fine in a perchlorate composition. It is normal practice to prime perchlorate compositions with sulfur containing nitrate primes. If you are extra worried, paint the surface of the composition with a prime, so that the boundary between the KP an sulfur are protected from potential friction, though I do not think it is neccisary.
The monkey leaped off it's sunny perch and flew off into the night sky.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users