Posted 06 March 2010 - 01:40 PM

The 2010 AGM will be held at:

The Marlborough School
Shipton Road
Woodstock
Oxon
OX20 1LP
Saturday 27th March 2010 - Arrive 13.30 for 14.00 start

This a major UKPS event and we would like as many people to come as possible. Official business will take a very short time. It's mainly about interesting talks, films, demonstrations, meeting fellow pyros and an excellent firework display. We hope also to have suppliers stands, UKPS merchandise and there will be an opportunity to view the UKPS firework collection (small but interesting!)

We are still finalising some items, but the day will look very much like this:

13.30 - 14.00 Arrive and register - Tea & coffee available
14.00 - 14.15 Official Business & Address from Chairman & Treasurer
14.15 - 14.45 Guest Speaker
14.50 - 15.10 Wells Fireworks & the Fireworks Museum
15.15 - 15.35 Pyrotechnic Chemistry
15.35 - 16.00 Coffee & food break - Videos
16.00 - 16.20 Electronic Firing Systems
16.25 - 16.45 Automated Shell Pasting
16.50 - 17.10 Focus group discussions
17.10 - 17.30 Tea & Coffee break - Videos
17.30 - 17.50 Fireworks Simulation
17.50 - 18.10 Members show and tell (Please bring anything interesting you would like to show)
18.10 - 18.30 Going Professional
18.30 - 19.00 Social & Chat
19.00 - 19.05 Make way to display site
19.05 - 19.25 Display (Please don't bring anything for this - it's all organized)
19.25 - Clear Up!

The Stagecoach S3 bus runs every half hour from Oxford Rail Station to Woodstock in the morning. In the evening there are several busses back at various times. There will be plenty of parking at the school for drivers.

Some of us intend to go for a meal afterwards - please let us know if you want us to reserve a place.

Please also let us know if you are coming, so we have some idea of total numbers.

Do come, it will be a great pyro day!
Family and friends welcome.

(By the way - it's free! but there will be opportunities to spend your money!)

Edited by phildunford, 06 March 2010 - 01:43 PM.

Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#2 starseeker

starseeker

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 05:06 PM

Could you please add my name to the list for the meal please phil.

I was wonder how many people are staying over for the eve in BB etc ,because if there is i might book some BB myself and join in with a few beers.

#3 dogsbody

dogsbody

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 12:40 PM

sorry, in Scotland, would have come looking at the agenda (damn!)

#4 Night Owl

Night Owl

Shell

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 11:23 PM

Ye Id love to go but location stops me to:(

#5 Karl Mitchell-Shead

Karl Mitchell-Shead

MIExpE & Director - Illusion Fireworks Ltd

• UKPS Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:28 AM

What a nightmare! I live less than 8 miles from Woodstock in sunny Didcot....... im working on a wedding job at a venue less than 12 miles from woodstock in the other direction! Although a later firing time than yours keep an ear out for our sixes and 7" :)

www.illusionfireworks.com - A SKY FULL OF MAGIC!

#6 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:41 PM

Anybody who IS coming?

There's one hell of a lot of time, hard work & money goes into these things.

As to location, we've been to Stafford, Heckington, London and now Oxford - we move it round the country as much as we can, but no, it's not always going to be on your doorstep. We are a small organization and we have to travel if we want to meet - simple as that.

I do sympathise with people from the far corners of the UK but the only way we could be near you is to have regional events and that is not really practical until we are a much larger organisation.

Minor rant ends...
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#7 pyrotrev

pyrotrev

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• UKPS Members
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 01:58 PM

Anybody who IS coming?

As to location, we've been to Stafford, Heckington, London and now Oxford - we move it round the country as much as we can, but no, it's not always going to be on your doorstep. We are a small organization and we have to travel if we want to meet - simple as that.

I do sympathise with people from the far corners of the UK but the only way we could be near you is to have regional events and that is not really practical until we are a much larger organisation.

Minor rant ends...

Well, I live a long way away and I'm going to make the effort!
Trying to do something very beautiful but very dangerous very safely....

#8 martyn

martyn

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 02:54 PM

One full and one junior member coming here - I'm afraid no amount of persuasion or bribery will tempt the missus though. In her eyes we are all criminals ......and she's not actually too wrong!!!
Martyn.

#9 Karl Mitchell-Shead

Karl Mitchell-Shead

MIExpE & Director - Illusion Fireworks Ltd

• UKPS Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 06:00 PM

Im trying to work it to get past for at least the first half of proceedings

www.illusionfireworks.com - A SKY FULL OF MAGIC!

#10 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 07:38 PM

The way to have Society events near you is to find a fireworks friendly venue, and suggest it to the committee -even better if its free because you work there or similar! Even better if it has good transport (trains and buses)and easy access by car with free parking.

The AGM for next year is looking for a venue
The cat4 course for next year also needs a venue.
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#11 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:33 PM

Anybody who IS coming?

Minor rant ends...

I will definately be coming (barring me car won`t start).

GUYS PLEASE DO COME TO THE AGM, even if you can`t make the start time, (we don`t mind if you turn up later in the day),...Phil D Chris D, Phil C and the rest of the hard working UKPS staff & committee go to great sacrifices in voluntarily giving there time and personal expense to make this event happen for you.

With some of the new staff & committee positions being filled, we believe we are now in a stronger position to move the UKPS forward more quickly and productively for your benefit.

Our very existence depends on you,....at the AGM there will be a chance for you to ask questions (even if we sometimes can`t answer them immediately) or make suggestions, we want you guys to tell the committee/staff what we can do to make our society better for you and everyone else in general (don`t be shy to speak your mind), or for that matter what YOU CAN DO TO HELP US us in a voluntary capacity (remember its your society), or if there is something you don`t like then tell us!,...the UKPS staff will do there best to put this right for the future.

But most importantly the day will be fun and informative,..we think this will be the best AGM to date, but we also need to improve on the numbers who attended last year!

#12 Vic

Vic

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 09:05 PM

I will definitely be there too and if I can help out in any way give me a shout.
Freud. Artists, in this view, are people who may avoid neurosis and perversion by sublimating their impulses in their work.

#13 Night Owl

Night Owl

Shell

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:25 PM

Ill have a damn good go at getting there, get the GF there an poss make a weekend of it:)

#14 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 09:23 AM

It's an interesting part of the world, with Oxford on the door-step. I'm sure it could be made into a family weekend.

Oxford has a lot of tourest attractions including the colleges, the botanic gardens and the Pitt Rivers and other museums. Nearby are Blenheim Palace & the Didcot Railway Centre. - Something for most people I think...
Posted Imagethegreenman

#15 cooperman435

cooperman435

UKPS Caretaker & Bottlewasher

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 12:31 PM

A said Me n Richard H are coming from UUp Norf! so the rest of you should be able to male it.

As a side issue A few of us who supply things to our groups have been asked to bring some show and tell items to display, we have agreed its not suitable to display loose chem powders but if anyone wants anything bringing down please PM or email me to ask.

Everything I sell in the shop and plenty of other unshippable goods are able to be brought down.

Phill

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users