51 replies to this topic

#31 rocketpro

rocketpro

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 11:11 PM

Sincere thanks to everyone who put in all the effort to make this happen. Thanks to you all for making myself and my son feel welcome, we are new members but felt immediately at home. My son was beaming from ear to ear after being allowed to 'help' on the field.
Cheers
Martyn

Yes, i`ll second that, i know that it takes a lot of time and effort (money too) to organize things like this, and we`re very lucky to have chaps that do this for us. Very well done!Posted Image

Martyn, was that you and your son sat next to me in a group talking about rockets and presses?

Who tests the tester.

#32 martyn

martyn

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 12:09 AM

Yes, i`ll second that, i know that it takes a lot of time and effort (money too) to organize things like this, and we`re very lucky to have chaps that do this for us. Very well done!Posted Image

Martyn, was that you and your son sat next to me in a group talking about rockets and presses?

No - sorry that wasn't us.
But it sounds like something I would have liked to have listened in to, We've never had much success with rockets. As my son said on the way home - "we should have one of these every couple of weeks"!!

Martyn

#33 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 12:16 AM

Congratulations to the Committee for making this an interesting event.
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#34 Gavin

Gavin

• UKPS Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 10:08 AM

What a fantastic day! Interesting, informative, meeting friends and making new ones.... Brilliant! and rounded off with a cracking display!

A big thanks to all who put considerable effort and time into organising the event, to all the speakers & contributors and to everyone who attended without which there wouldn't have been an event.

For anyone who couldn't make it, get to the next one!

Gavin

#35 PyroSkitz

PyroSkitz

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:06 AM

hey all, hope all enjoyed yesterday :), i sure did, just a quick question, someone told me after the shoot of people selling black match in England, i forgot the name of who it was, if anyone recalls saying anything about it, or even knows who im talking about could you let me know ?, much appreciated
George :)

#36 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:07 AM

Yes, an excellent day I thought.

I hate thanking people, because someone always gets left out, but:

Thanks to Joseph, for arranging the excellent venue, risk assesments, food, CAA Liason (bet you didn't know we had to do that!)

Phil Cooper for coordinating the display and bringing tons of racks etc down the motorway

Big thanks to Trevor Stride of Pyroartistry for insuring the display

Thanks to Gareth & his lovely assistant for bringing his WASP

Thanks to Richard & Keith Brock for many miles of travelling to collect the fireworks

Thanks to Christina for running the UKPS shop

Thanks to all the speakers

and most of all thanks to the many people who came to the event - would not have been much good without you!

Edited by phildunford, 28 March 2010 - 11:15 AM.

Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#37 seymour

seymour

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 04:09 PM

What a great day! I'm still buzzing!

Sincere thanks to everyone who put in all the effort to make this happen. Thanks to you all for making myself and my son feel welcome, we are new members but felt immediately at home. My son was beaming from ear to ear after being allowed to 'help' on the field.
Cheers
Martyn

#

And I will third it!
The monkey leaped off it's sunny perch and flew off into the night sky.

#38 portfire

portfire

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:04 PM

Great day to be had by all I think. BIG thanks to everyone involved...........Now, pics ?

Dean
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage

#39 Maxim

Maxim

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 09:01 PM

Great day to be had by all I think. BIG thanks to everyone involved...........Now, pics ?

Dean

Would pics of the setup of the display be of any use? Like these:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#40 BrightStar

BrightStar

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 09:22 PM

I hate thanking people, because someone always gets left out

Well, many thanks to yourself Phil for arranging the speakers and schedule, Paul for the seamless technical production and the volunteers who stepped in on the day.

The result of the whole team effort was just remarkable - we couldn't have done it without you.

So, any more pics guys?

Edited by BrightStar, 28 March 2010 - 09:45 PM.

#41 portfire

portfire

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 10:38 PM

Maxim! Yes the more the better. Great to see you there
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage

#42 blasterbert

blasterbert

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:50 AM

hi all
had a great day and a big thanks to all who made this happen.it was nice to meet alot of you in person.i hope you all enjoyed the old fireworks i showed you. :D :D

#43 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 11:21 AM

OK, Video of the firework display up on Youtube:

Video Here

Will put a highlights of AGM up soon, but a bit pressed for time at the moment! - Keep the photos etc coming...
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#44 starseeker

starseeker

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:05 PM

hi all
had a great day and a big thanks to all who made this happen.it was nice to meet alot of you in person.i hope you all enjoyed the old fireworks i showed you. :D :D

A big thanks to all concerned,it was a fantastic day,i was still buzzing sunday eve.

It was excellent burt seeing your collection,loved them all especially the bangers and jumping jack.

cheers guys and girls,

Vince.

#45 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:55 PM

I really enjoyed meeting many of you guys at the 2010 AGM for the first and second time (even though Im still struggling to put some forum names with faces & real names).

The firework display was spectacular (quality).

A massive thank you to all the UKPS committee who work very hard throughout the preceeding months to organise this event.

Also a big thank you to the speakers, exhibitors, volunteers, helpers etc, plus those who made the journey to get there!

I hope that some of the new forum members will consider joining the UKPS, and try and make the effort to come to next years event.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users