• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 08:40 PM

Issue 6 of Spark has been posted out today and should be with members this week. Enjoy!

Please let me know if it has not arrived by the weekend of 13/14th March...

Only paid up members are sent our magazine, regretably you will not be getting one if your membership has expired - why not renew today!

Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#2 Karl Mitchell-Shead

Karl Mitchell-Shead

MIExpE & Director - Illusion Fireworks Ltd

• UKPS Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:42 AM

Possible to sell these in the UKPS shop for non members?

www.illusionfireworks.com - A SKY FULL OF MAGIC!

#3 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:30 PM

Possible to sell these in the UKPS shop for non members?

Issues will not be in the shop for a good year after publication, to encourage membership!

However, if you are at the AGM, they will be on sale there as a special dispensation...
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#4 BrightStar

BrightStar

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 11:40 AM

It's just landed on my doorstep and looks even better than Issue 5!

Great stuff, thank you to all involved.

#5 starseeker

starseeker

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 06:58 PM

Many thanks to all concerned,excellent.

#6 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 07:01 PM

Looks like another interesting read, thanks to all those who devised & contributed!

#7 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 08:33 PM

Thanks guys - glad someone reads the damm thing!
Posted Imagethegreenman

#8 wayne

wayne

• Admin
  • 422 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 08:56 PM

Just had a quick read. Very well put together and some great contributions. Well done to all involved!

#9 martyn

martyn

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:29 AM

As a new member I've been lucky enough to receive two sparks in less than a month.

I agree it's a great read.

I would be delighted to receive my copy electronically in a .pdf or similar format - especially if this saved the society printing and postage costs - we may even be able to squeeze an extra edition a year out of you as well :rolleyes:

we could always print it at our own expense if we wanted a hard copy.

It might even attract advertisers as links could be embedded in the document.

I certainly am no expert but I have Adobe Acrobat and Indesign and would be happy to help if it is just a matter of the availability of the editors time.

The only downside I can see is that copying and redistribution would be easy - but then again even that may help to 'spread the word' an spark (sorry!) new interest.

Martyn

Edited by martyn, 11 March 2010 - 09:30 AM.

#10 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:55 AM

I agree it's a great read.

I would be delighted to receive my copy electronically in a .pdf or similar format - especially if this saved the society printing and postage costs - we may even be able to squeeze an extra edition a year out of you as well

The only downside I can see is that copying and redistribution would be easy - but then again even that may help to 'spread the word' an spark (sorry!) new interest.

Martyn

Hi Martyn - glad you enjoyed Spark.

We have considered a PDF distribution (and in fact did so in the postal strike) but have held back for the reason you mention. It's a benefit of membership and if it could be easily 'pirated' that might discourage membership. I also know that many members do enjoy a 'paper' copy. Currently I'm financing the printing, so it does not actually come out of society funds, but this is not a situation that can continue indefinitely - especially if the society gets a lot bigger, which is what we want.

We will certainly knock the idea around again at the next management meeting after the AGM.
Posted Imagethegreenman

#11 maxman

maxman

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 705 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:38 AM

Excellent read as always Phil and all others involved. I can't wait for the next issue on secrets of traffic lights!

Maxman

#12 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:56 PM

Another superb effort! I shall look forward to reading mine in detail over the weekend.

#13 portfire

portfire

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 08:43 PM

Another superb effort! I shall look forward to reading mine in detail over the weekend.

With you there pal!!!!

Sorry I couldn't make it for this issue Phil....I'm back online now :D AND my PC is fixed, so watch this space (If anyone likes my articals LOL)
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage

#14 Vic

Vic

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:45 PM

Good to see you back on line Portfire, I was looking forward to more on your cake article.
Freud. Artists, in this view, are people who may avoid neurosis and perversion by sublimating their impulses in their work.

#15 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 04:08 PM

Hi Portfire - wondered where you had been...

Rest assured there is a space just the right size for your next article waiting in issue 7!
Posted Imagethegreenman

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users