#1 dusk til dawn

dusk til dawn

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 10:04 PM

Firstly thanks for letting me join,

I am completely new to this site so please say hello,

I will give you all a brief discription about me and then you can make your minds up if you want to sin bin me if you like.

Fireworks,Pyrotechnics,loud bangs,colour I love it all.

Anyway I run a company called Dusk Til Dawn Entertainments providing everything from Acrobats to real life Zebras however F for Fireworks could be better I have let off thousands of pounds worth of Cat 3 Stuff for the best part of ten years now and want to progress to cat 4 and finish off the night in style.You all must know that a night is remembered better with nothing better than a superb blow the night sky up with colour noise and art to the ohs and arhs from the watching party (and in some cases surrounding area).

Business has been very slow during the past eighteen months am sure it is down to the current financial climate as we know.Therefor I am asking if there is or if anybody knows on here where I can train,train more get customed to the enviroment/trade help out at other shows to gain experience all that involves to get qualified regardless of how long it takes.

If you look at it from my view I would like to provide the complete package as for instance last year I provided a wedding for 150 guests my package was everything from the red carpet outside the marquee tables, table clothes, chairs, chair clothes, star drapes, Dj, Band Lighting for both and marquee ,Bar, Caterers,glasses,Clutlery, Baloon modellers for the kids waiting on staff class collectors and then the budget set aside for a firework company to come in and do a display big profit gone?

So to add a cat 4 ticket to my cv would be ideal.I hope am not being big headed and hope you can understand that businessman need to make a profit but I want to make a profit but provide a future customer with a complete package with no hassle to them as I can provide them the night they deserve.

So if anybody can help me out with any information about cat 4 courses/training helping other companys out with getting experience etc could you please let me know I am based in the North-West of England.

Yours
Jay
Managing Director Dusk Til Dawn Entertainments

#2 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 10:58 PM

There are a number of routes you can take. However a good starting point would be to do the CAT 4 course that the pyrosociety will be running again soon (look in the training section).

This will give you access to to insurance and a working knowledge of what is required under the law for transportation and storage.

Edited by digger, 03 April 2010 - 10:58 PM.

Phew that was close.

#3 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 11:01 PM

Cat4 fireworks are not something that you can do and then go back to the guests as firing makes you muddy and you smell of sulphurous smoke from BP.

There really is NO cat4 "ticket". to use cat4 you should have fireworks insurance to get insurance you need training and experience. To get supplies you need training, experience, licensed storage, and fireworks insurance.

To run a show after that you need racks mortars stakes and a thousand other things all of which need packing up in the wet and the dark. All of your crew need fireworks training too so that you can be the MD and have a fireworks staff.

Not an easy or cheap business addition, though I see where you are coming from being a full service company.

I'd suggest that you contact member "PyroTrev" who is a professional fireworks company in the North West, and has staff trained as needed.
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#4 dusk til dawn

dusk til dawn

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 09:52 PM

Thanks for the quick replys guys

I have tried looking for pyrotrev's details on here although only briefly looked I must admit.........If anybody knows him could they give him a nudge in my direction to read my first post then maybe we can contact each other and discuss possability's as to offering my services for free to help him out to aid my hands on experience etc.

I have been reading the Training & Getting Jobs section all of which has made intresting reading however it comes across that venues are sometimes an issue with regards to location of future courses etc just to let people know I could have a possable two venues which could help with future courses within the North-West of england.I will speak to the venue/land owners if they would be willing to allow future classes at there premesis.Both venues are ideal as there is catering facilitys, toilets,shower blocks, function/class rooms ideal outside space ten minutes walk from classrooms, and even if courses need two days there are plenty of bed & breakfast houses plus hotels within easy reach of these venues.

Cheers all
Jay

#5 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 10:55 PM

Please send Phil dunford a pm regarding venues.

Pyrotrev can be contacted via the pm system. Search for the member by clicking on the members tab at the top of the page.
Phew that was close.

#6 dusk til dawn

dusk til dawn

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:04 PM

Both of the above have now been done thanks for the point in the right direction.you have been very helpful

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users