20 replies to this topic

#16 BrightStar

BrightStar

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:33 PM

Give me free reign on a pile of fireworks and ill show what they can do, not just light fuse stand back wait a bit light next, get scared of a lift and ruin the whole thing.

Do you make any distinction in hand firing the big salutes? I know they're scarce these days, but I'd personally refuse to hand fire a 5" maroon shell for example.

#17 Night Owl

Night Owl

Shell

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 01:52 AM

Salute shells would normally be placed on site away from other pyro and a longer fuse put on them to enable a safe distance to be reached by the operator, its not really about men thumping their chest's its about putting in all the hard work and then having the pyro lit by remote, its leaves me feeling rather empty after a long day and my hard work is left to a button pusher, If its hand lit I really feel it was "my" show that "I" put on and made people smile and cheer.

#18 The Legendary Graham

The Legendary Graham

If it goes bang its ace.

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 04:02 PM

Yes i still hand fire 5" salutes.
Hand firing the big shells isnt like hand firing the cakes though when i fire a shell i move the pressure wave isnt friendly to my ears. When i fire the cakes i hover around to see how many shots are left to let me know when i need to light my next piece.
We dont do girly shows.!!!

#19 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 04:25 PM

When i fire the cakes i hover around to see how many shots are left to let me know when i need to light my next piece.

yup, same here - normally with a button handy to fire the next bank of shells though ;)

#20 The Legendary Graham

The Legendary Graham

If it goes bang its ace.

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:59 PM

yup, same here - normally with a button handy to fire the next bank of shells though ;)

Nice one but someone else is usually firing the shells, certain ones are fired by me too depending on how the show is being fired but most the time Richard gets to do it.
We dont do girly shows.!!!

#21 rocketpro

rocketpro

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:02 AM

-----

Edited by rocketpro, 06 August 2010 - 09:59 AM.

Who tests the tester.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users