• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 martyn

martyn

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:13 AM

I saw three faces I recognised from the AGM at the Woodman competition on Saturday evening.
What did people think - I thought the MLE display was awesomely stunning.
For those that might not follow UKFR, this was a competition comprising of four team entries of 'semi pro' crews, each with a budget of 650 quid using cat 3 fireworks, lasting about 4 minutes.
This was followed by 3 displays of cat 4 by professional companies.
All the displays were set to (or at least accompanied by) music (unfortunately)
I personally prefer to hear bangs and fizzes rather than music, but MLE's 'choreography' was excellent. I believe they may have been testing some new software.

#2 Guest_PyroPDC_*

Guest_PyroPDC_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:59 AM

I saw three faces I recognised from the AGM at the Woodman competition on Saturday evening.
What did people think - I thought the MLE display was awesomely stunning.
For those that might not follow UKFR, this was a competition comprising of four team entries of 'semi pro' crews, each with a budget of 650 quid using cat 3 fireworks, lasting about 4 minutes.
This was followed by 3 displays of cat 4 by professional companies.
All the displays were set to (or at least accompanied by) music (unfortunately)
I personally prefer to hear bangs and fizzes rather than music, but MLE's 'choreography' was excellent. I believe they may have been testing some new software.

oh yes 10/10 for mat, he always amazes me:D, not sure if i met you that day, i was on MLE's team (i never can remember forum usernames lol)
the new firebywire software went as planned, very hardcore, makes other firing hardware / software look like **** :rolleyes:.

one thing i did notice with the cat 3 was most of the products was little pops instead of bangs, though i did noticed some of the old ex reg stuff that sounded so much deeper booms :)

Did you see the firebywire (new software demo) i brought down at the AGM?

Edited by PyroPDC, 26 April 2010 - 10:04 AM.

#3 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:02 AM

yup, the latest incarnation of the MLE software has been in development for over a year and a half and it certainly seemed to perform as required :)

Hoping to get a more hands on demonstration of the actual designing part of it soon, nice to meet you Mr PDC :)

#4 Rick

Rick

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 12:31 PM

Congratulations to the guys who organised this event and well done to the consumer teams.
MLE, Skydazzle and Flashpoint - Excellent work and appreciated by all in attendance.
Also, on behalf of the crowd, thank you to all of those behind the scenes that make events such as this possible.
Rick

#5 NickC

NickC

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:38 PM

Here is the video of the winning Cat3 show by Knights of Fire.

Shows what is possible using just Cat3 Retail products.

The pro displays were excellent. The difference in height, colour etc always amazes me.

#6 martyn

martyn

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:14 PM

Here are the rest

click me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users