brightstar infra red system

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 fruitfulsteve

fruitfulsteve

• UKPS Members
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 11:58 AM

Has anyone had any joy converting these systems to reliably work using Ematches ?
On my first test it ignited all 5 Ematches fine, but now it won't reset and become 'ready to fire' with both LEDS flashing i tried removing the batteries but it hasn't helped.
Any suggestion ?
Yo Ho Ho, a pyro's life for me

#2 fruitfulsteve

fruitfulsteve

• UKPS Members
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 05:06 PM

Sorry it's a 'Brightspark' remote firing system not brightstar oppps

See it here www.brightspark.co.uk

#3 CCH Concepts

CCH Concepts

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:31 PM

the main problem i have found with ir remote ematches is that when the smoke gets going the signal cant get through much more than 10 meters. kinda averted the point.

#4 fruitfulsteve

fruitfulsteve

• UKPS Members
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 11:15 PM

I was going to use it for some theatrical effects so smoke shouldn't be to much of a issue, but i don't think their the most reliable bits of kit anyway. I don't think giving it a bath whilst setting off salutes in buckets of water done it any good either :lol:

#5 Atom Fireworks

Atom Fireworks

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:26 AM

I was going to use it for some theatrical effects so smoke shouldn't be to much of a issue, but i don't think their the most reliable bits of kit anyway. I don't think giving it a bath whilst setting off salutes in buckets of water done it any good either Posted Image

I have one of them, it works ok sometime but can be a pain. Mine sometime only sets 2 or 3 of the igniters and others itfires em all.

#6 NickC

NickC

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:40 PM

Look to replace it with the much more reliable Launch Kontrol system.

#7 CCH Concepts

CCH Concepts

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:33 PM

i used the launch kontrol system, you get you moneies worth, but as i said doesnt work if there smoke. what i did in the end was buy a 12 channel radio control unit off ebay, gives me 12 channels way more power than i would need, would easily do quite few ig per que. been queit reliable so far.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users