• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Deano 1

Deano 1

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 11:01 PM

Hi all, I have 5 sets of press moulds going, these are surplus to requirements and I have made them myself, I manufacture moulds for a living. I’m letting these go for a snippet, cos I’m fed with moving them about.

They make a 69mm OD shell, once pasted they fit a 3” mortar tube nice and snug. Here’s some pic’s.
http://i438.photobuc...ro/DSCF0641.jpg

http://i438.photobuc...ro/DSCF0643.jpg

http://i438.photobuc...ro/DSCF0642.jpg

http://i438.photobuc...mmshells048.jpg

The postage is around £3, so the first 5 to say yes can have a set for £6 posted. I still have my silicone moulds for these parts, so I can make extras at £4 a piece plus postage

Our saviours : In the ninth century, a team of Chinese alchemists trying to synthesize an "elixir of immortality" from saltpeter, sulfur, realgar, and dried honey instead invented gunpowder.

#2 Deano 1

Deano 1

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 08:36 AM

4 left
Our saviours : In the ninth century, a team of Chinese alchemists trying to synthesize an "elixir of immortality" from saltpeter, sulfur, realgar, and dried honey instead invented gunpowder.

#3 CCH Concepts

CCH Concepts

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 12:32 PM

count me in

#4 Deano 1

Deano 1

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 02:14 PM

count me in

PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you a money request from paypal. Ta Dean.
Only 2 left if this one goes.

#5 dr thrust

dr thrust

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 08:29 AM

what are the made from? casting resin, and how did you make them? there very nice indeed

#6 Deano 1

Deano 1

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:20 PM

what are the made from? casting resin, and how did you make them? there very nice indeed

I first sculpted a master of each part out of plaster, then poured a silicone mould around them. Its then just a matter of pouring them. I use a two part resin (fibreglass resin) but I keep the catalyst to the bare minimum (half of a percent) to save on shrinkage and distortion. Its easy when you know how Posted Image

#7 Deano 1

Deano 1

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:21 PM

Only one left

#8 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

firework making is my aim, setting off is my game

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 07:35 AM

What other toolings could you knock up and start selling? like cone formers, cylindrical shell formers, star plates, tube plug pressing plates. Would be great and I am sure you would have plenty of buyers.
fireworks is my aim setting of is the game

#9 Deano 1

Deano 1

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 06:46 PM

What other toolings could you knock up and start selling? like cone formers, cylindrical shell formers, star plates, tube plug pressing plates. Would be great and I am sure you would have plenty of buyers.

I'll have a go at anything, but its always easier if someone helps by saying what they want and providing me with some sort of plan/drawing/ measurements. I'm in the middle of trialing a powder press as cheap as possible and easy to use.

#10 CCH Concepts

CCH Concepts

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 09:10 AM

i would be interested in some cheap star pumps, especially crossett. with them going for £50 a pop there out of my price range at the moment.

#11 CCH Concepts

CCH Concepts

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:31 PM

i have received the moulds and thought id post a thank you, they seem very well made, came very well packaged and quickly. so if \deano does decide to make some more tooling, i would recommend it.

one word of warning fro those that bought the moulds, don't be stupid like me and drop them, they are made of resin and therefor are inherently brittle and i ended up spending 10 mins with arildite Humpty dumptying one of them back together.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users